Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody has been reading AmazingRibs.com...🤔

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody has been reading AmazingRibs.com...🤔

They didn't get everything just right but... Close enough.
    Shop Walmart.com today for Every Day Low Prices. Join Walmart+ for unlimited free delivery from your store & free shipping with no order minimum. Start your free 30-day trial now!

"7" should have mentioned that there is no need to rest anything that is grilled.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Obviously whoever wrote that is NOT Pit member. Everyone in the Pit can find the faults in that article I bet.😎

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Well maybe Jerod Broussard because the subject was "burgers"

Next time I do burgers I will do a test with the dimple and no dimple. Mesays the dimple is useless. 1/4" depressions will not stop a burger from swelling. I'm impressed they got the 2-zone and no-rest parts right though.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I flatten mine on both sides so they don't have the rounded upward curve that our hands put in them, which makes 'em swell into balls when cooking. If that's what's meant by dimples. Where does he recommend the actual indent/dimple? DWCowles

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you talking about taking your finger and making a dent in the center of the patty? If so he did it in his burger video. Huskee

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, ok thanks DWCowles. He doesn't list it in his recipe. I think you're OK doing it or not doing it. I don't dimple, just make an effort to flatten which can feel like dimpling when doing it.

i can't read the article at work but...dimples do help me but it has to be bigger than 1/4 inch. it doesn't stop it from swelling, the point is that it DOES swell and becomes even with the edge of the burger to make it more flat overall

Comment

In my experience, the dimple does help if cooking the burgers fast over direct heat. If reverse searing the burgers, dimples are totally unnecessary ... especially when I've pasteurized and ground the meat myself so that I can cook to medium or even medium-rare safely.

Comment

I just got done cooking a hamburger patty sous vide and pressed it flat after taking it out of the bag before putting it in the cast iron skillet to sear it.👍

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here