Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VELVEETA Spicy Cheeseburger Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VELVEETA Spicy Cheeseburger Pizza

(4) VELVEETA and RO*TEL Spicy Cheeseburger Pizza - YouTube

I think I will add pickles.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	213.0 KB ID:	1314438

And a PBR,,,,

Comment

I did a version of a cheeseburger pizza a couple of years ago, though without the Velveeta. I did top with pickle slices and fresh lettuce when it came out and it was okay. Not great, and not a do-over, but okay. It might be fun to make for kids and squirt it with cat soup and yeller mustard.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        fried pickles sliced thinly might pair with that very well!

I'd probably eat that, though fresh lettuce strikes me as an odd companion to fake cheese

Comment

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        Or a fake American taco-kit taco.

Actually, Pizza Hut used to make a taco pizza that they'd cover with fresh lettuce and taco chips (and maybe fresh tomato) right before serving.

• Porkies
        Porkies commented
        Editing a comment
        Murdy Was that before they started up the Pizzaria Huts? That's what I call them anyway. The Pizza Hut I loved as a high schooler and younger man was different in both ambience and pizza quality.

Surprisingly, the old Mr. Gatti's around here had a decent taco pizza. They used lettuce, tomato etc.. I would ask them to make one with the jalapeno on it.

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        Porkies -- yes, it was more a sit down restaurant than the store fronts you see now. Their deep dish was actually pretty good. I lived in a small rural town back then 1970s to early 80s, and it was the only pizza place in town at the time.

When I was in the Navy, (early '70s), we were served a cheeseburger pizza occasionally. It was dough, catsup, ground beef, and american cheese. It was - filling.

Fast forward a few years and I decided I could do better. I still used pizza dough, (store bought), but subbed pizza sauce for the catsup. I added sauteed mushrooms, green peppers, and onions. Then came 1/2 lb of crumbled breakfast sausage and 1 lb of ground beef - both cooked. This was topped with 1.5 lbs of various white cheeses. I had to add the cheeses in layers allowing the top to melt before adding more. Two slices made a meal, but it was very good. Friends still talk about it, but it's more work than I want to do now.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        That's an $80 dollar pizza these days!

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, when is Pizza night at your place?
        sound so good

Sausage is a good add, I was going to suggest a chili grind on the meat for bigger pieces.

This may be a local thing, we start to see ground beef for chili once it starts to cool down and that means it won’t be long before I can find it on sale because it is about to expire.

Comment

I hear American cheese goes with it better than Valveeta

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here