Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burgers on English muffins instead of buns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burgers on English muffins instead of buns?

Jacques Pepín recommended this, so I tried it. They’re pretty good, actually!

I love English muffins so I am all for this idea.

Comment

I do this. I use whole wheat muffins.

Comment

I like it when paired with pub-style burgers but dont like them with thinner patties like smashburgers.

Comment

Out of my childhood and into the present. Do recommend, but not with smash burgers... juicy pub burgers, yes, sir, absolutely.

Comment

Forgive my silly question, as I am not much of a baker and freely admit my ignorance...but are English muffins sourdough? I love them and I bet they would make a great subtle difference in a good burger.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              They are generally a levain/sourdough process, but they have some that have the sour flavor pumped up a bit.

Never tried that but I'm sure its good. My favorite of late is Texas toast. Like What-a-burger's Patty Melt....delish !!!!!

Comment

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              Funny thing... I was reading through a 1990 edition of The Thrill of the Grill that I inherited from my dad, and that book has Texas Toast being thick white bread garlic bread. I think it's evolved in the 32 years since that was current.

Started doing that as a kid. Haven't done so in a while, but will definitely give it a go soon.

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              My mom used to make them - like sliders. They never get soggy

All bread and all burgers are good. I'll need to give it a try!

Comment

Since we're talking buns I bought these just to try to make eating a burger a little more healthy. It turned out these are incredibly delicious and not too dense like I thought they might be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1IQmzLw.png
Views:	254
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	1226823

Comment

• efincoop
                efincoop commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice. We love Dave's killer products!

I love English Muffins for no flip style burgers from my Grilla OG.

On a side note they also make incredible chicken puck sandwiches with hot sauce, bacon and blue cheese.

I like Bays English Muffins the best. They are cheaper than Thomas and I like the taste of them better. I get them at Walmart. They are in the refrigerated section.
              ​
              ​
              Huskee they also have a Sourdough style
              Last edited by ssandy_561; May 26, 2022, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• shify
                shify commented
                Editing a comment
                Seconded on Bays. Much better than Thomas’s but harder to find. Thomas’s is at most supermarkets near me but Bays is only at 1 or 2

• Mosca
                Mosca commented
                Editing a comment
                We gave Aldi’s a shot and didn’t like the store, but whatever brand English muffin they carry is outstanding.

It's your burger Mosca, so slide into whatever bread ya want. And English muffins are easy to make on a griddle, and much better than store bought.

Best english muffin recipe. For the perfect bake, coat the dough in semolina & cook on the Baking Steel Griddle with clarified butter. Get the recipe.

Comment

I’ve done that a number of times, as I like the gluten free english muffins over most of the hamburger buns I can find. Like you said, they are a nice change. And they do griddle up nicely when you smash them down a bit.

Comment

Judging from the looks i get when I ask dinner guests if they want their burger on a bun or english muffin I would have thought that my family was the only one that did this. But I agree its no good for a smash burger.

Comment

I've used them for pizza burgers. Use T.J's whole wheat muffins.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here