Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i-call-this-photo-"burger-prep-in-late-afternoon-sun"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call this photo "Burger Prep in Late Afternoon Sun"

The spread is 50/50 mayo and Laganmao chili crisp, with a little yellow mustard squirted in. I am hooked on that.

We had been discussing photography about a month ago. This is a really casual shot, I didn’t move background stuff or anything, clean the fork etc. I used my phone, cropped it a bit, and hit the magic wand to edit. It shows how light makes a difference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E54F1D08-591F-47CA-8B14-B03232992EAD.jpeg
Views:	221
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	1197914

I`ll take a 5x7 and two wallet sized....

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll just take a 🍔.

Artsy!

Comment

Well done. You even gave it a name.

Comment

You don’t have to know a lot, you just need to frame it right, and make sure you have good light.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4330F431-221F-456B-96B6-E2D751B67281.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	1197955

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been framed, I tell you I was framed.
          I see you're developing a new hobby: photography
          Take a picture of your cup of coffee, and call it a mug shot
          I tried to take a picture of my steaming hot coffee, but I mist

Cooper sharp? Looks great!

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          We LOVE Cooper sharp on burgers!

• Michael Brinton
          Michael Brinton commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely! Me too!

• DaveD
          DaveD commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm just really impressed that someone could look at a (beautiful) photo of a (doubtless absolutely delicous) cheeseburger and recognize exactly what kind of cheese it is. Those are some skills right there.

The shadow work is a truly an art!

What is this Cooper Sharp you speak of? Probably nothing I can pick near my ocean. I am assuming a white cheddar?

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          No, it’s more like a sharp American. It’s got the creamy meltiness of American, with some snap to it.

I believe it was Lloyd Dobler who once famously said, “I don’t want to sell anything, buy anything or process anything as a career. I don’t want to sell anything bought or processed or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought or processed or repair anything sold, bought or processed.” I wonder if that included The Original Cooper Sharp Cheese. After all, despite the name, Cooper Sharp is a pasteurized processed American cheese.American Cheese, An Endangered SpeciesIn 1916

Great shot!

Comment

"Hamburger in Rapose"

Comment

I see the light

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here