Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse-seared Steakhouse Burgers on the Weber Smokey Joe grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Finally got around to making the burger glop. Pretty awesome! Goes very well with a shrimp salad also. That recipe is a keeper for sure.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Good idea, that's how my boys do it. The glop is so good, great french fry dip too.

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by John Tanner View Post
    Yum! Did you grind the meat yourself?
    I haven't yet, I don't have a grinder, but I'd like to get one for my mixer. I get either chuck 80/20 or "hamburger" 75/25.

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    replied
    Talk about a week late....here I am! LOOKS GREAT!! I'm going to try the glop next time I do burgers....first I'd seen this, too, so thank you! I can't tell if you use buns like I do, but.... Hamburger buns - a perfect example of form over function. I've tried the bottom toppings, but don't like it. My solution is to use the "top" as the bottom. Holds together much better and soaks up more of the great juiciness. Call me weird.

Leave a comment:

• John Tanner
    replied
    Yum! Did you grind the meat yourself?

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I have one and do make my own. We like the Ore Ida ones, they're the best I've tried yet. They have a real restaurant taste to them when having with good burgers.

• _Keith
    commented on 's reply
    If you eat fries relatively frequently, I highly recommend getting a deep fryer and making your own. I use the twice-fried method with russets, and I have no patience for frozen fries anymore

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    It's amazing. The first time I made it I had no hot sauce so I omitted that, it was still great. I had since bought some Frank's Red Hot (love it, very buffalo wings-like) and used it and it doesn't make the glop hot at all, but it does zing it up just enough. It's so good.

• Henrik
    replied
    Looks fantastic! I agree with Powersmoke_80, must try that Meathead glop.

Leave a comment:

• Powersmoke_80
    replied
    Huskee, looks awesome and thanks for pointing me towards Meatheads Burger Glop. Due to the overwhelming amount of info on AR I have not came across that recipe yet and definetly looks like a goto sauce.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    With a glass of beer and those good Ore-Ida zesty crinkle fries, it really felt like we were "out", good meal. Thanks to Mh's recipes. We do this weekly. Feed the whole fam for about $12 worth of food. My boys love Meathead's burger glop. I've been known to lick the spoon when we're done.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    WOW I'm hungry now. WTG man,

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Well there's some smoke ring there from the charcoal and pecan, that and it's just over medium. I have found that pecan is my favorite for burgers, it's amazing. Next cook I'm going to try a mix of pecan and whiskey barrel oak.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    That sure looks good Huskee, especially the cheddar. What contributes mostly to the meat color?

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    You're up early my friend

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here