Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burger Week 🍔

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burger Week 🍔

Click image for larger version

Name:	large-steakadelphiabw2021.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1078594 ​​​​​
    Every year here the local bars/restaurants have burger week. They're slinging $6 burgers and drink specials. I'm in for at least 2 this year. Now I just have to decide which burgers to choose.

Don your finest stretchy pants and get ready for the meat sweats because the Portland Mercury’s Burger Week is back! Presented by The Merc and New Seasons Market, you’ll find one-of-a-kind burgers at loads of Portland’s finest establishments for a mere $8 each. Burger Week is also brought to you by Jim Beam, Laurelwood Brewing, Electric Lettuce, DinnerStar, and EverOut. Portland Mercury’s Burger Week 2022 - Every day, through August 21 - EverOut Portland

(drools)

Comment

I feel your pain as you try to decide … but I feel MY pain even worse as I don’t get to decide which ones I’d be going for …

Enjoy!

Comment

"At least 2"? With that line-up I'd take advantage of the whole week. Lunch and dinner.

Comment

Wow, just finished dinner and those pics still had me salivating, I'm envious mate

Comment

Wow, I haven't seen a can of Rainier since my college roommate from Alaska brought some with him one fall. Thanks for the flashback.

Comment

Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger!

Comment

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                Pepsi....no Coke....

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                Always love the Billy Goat Tarvern. I am sure their Loop locations got slaughtered but hope they are coming back.

I'd see an intervention in my future during burger week.
              Have fun!

Comment

I'd vote for Enter Sandman and Boke Bowl. They look the most creative and standout from the usual cheese, bacon, lettuce, sauce combo.

Comment

Rainier beer, up there with PBR Like a good burger too

Comment

Oh wow!

love it! Let us know what you end up with! Hopefully they have a green chile cheese burger up there for you somewhere!

Comment

I'd have to try this just for the name:

Burger Name: Sgt. Poblano Pepper Lonely Artichoke Hearts Club Burger

Description: 1855 PNW Black Angus beef, roast poblano and fresno pepper sauce, topped with a grilled artichoke and red pepper cream cheese sauce

Comment

• Attjack
                        Attjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's on my list.

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That would be on my list also.

• STEbbq
                        STEbbq commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If I had a third choice, that would be it.

I would like to try the Sichuan Burger just to tast the sauce. What an outstanding menu. Really prompts one to get out of the Burger doldrums & get creative.
                      Last edited by FireMan; August 17, 2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Day late, but a blue cheese bacon burger sounds fantastic right now.

Comment

Alright, one in the books, and it was a disappointment. To fit one in at lunch my buddy from across the street went and picked them up and then we ate them in my backyard. This was the only one being sold from the deli counter at a supermarket instead of an actual restaurant/bar. This market is one of the major sponsors of the event along with Jim Beam and Ranier.

The burger was undercooked, the kale was a little tough, and the seasoning missed the mark. A little more salt on the burger and a little more sauce would have helped.

My rating: C

Burger Name: Slaw, Spice & Everything Nice

Description: Portland Burger Week is here at last, and you don’t want to miss out on this super stack of tangy, spicy deliciousness: local Carman Ranch grass-fed beef patty topped with a tangy, house-made summer slaw, havarti cheese, and harissa aioli on a brioche bun.

The Insipration: Created by New Seasons Market chef Bill Hussey to bring together, in his words, "the perfect storm of flavors." A juicy Carman Ranch beef patty gets a kick of heat from harissa aioli, perfectly balanced by a sweet, tangy slaw and creamy havarti cheese served up on a brioche bun.

Their photo

Click image for larger version  Name:	large-newseasonsbw2021.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.1 KB ID:	1078831

My photo

Click image for larger version  Name:	2Oay9yBpJOpC_AN4udGE-HNw8KlRQyU78CaouCrLmzOOisAxaw5Yw1tLpqL-tTpB-tNU1nHia6jGrod9zWOA0LfRO8ZzOkA03nQD2F2SA3CMjAd9MMZNkZ5-6IBehTbrUtX-rR9sMDFBMN9czJKSqgOe8j3lzJq7R0ft11582ZXpc7Ttiydzux0yThHUTIebN7rRssrAuELOQma6WV4Q5aUhGEwxWyj_oYAeu6VrRAbMJqCdcCnvSP4YHo4y4_K Views:	0 Size:	339.6 KB ID:	1078832
                          Last edited by Attjack; August 17, 2021, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• barelfly
                            barelfly commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Man the photo difference is just a huge let down. Sorry it didn’t turn out. If you were at the location, could’ve taken the burger back and say, ok now make one that looks like this.

• Attjack
                            Attjack commented
                            Editing a comment
                            barelfly You should see the pic she took of the raw meat 🤢

• klflowers
                            klflowers commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Now that is downright funny. And sad at the same time

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here