Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steakhouse Steakburger, animal style.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta be honest, regardless of price, if I see a Five Guys and an In-N-Out next to each other, Imma go with InO. I love them both, but I'd go InO.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with you on that decision David Parrish .

In n Out is clean, friendly, tasty and consistently wonderful.😎

The order takers walking the long, long line of the drive through windows, with a wi-fi order pad is a nice twist too.
      Last edited by Breadhead; September 3, 2015, 11:06 PM.

Nearest InO is 3 hours 30 minutes away. 5 guys is just over 1 hour, and also near 17.6 pound bags of B & B Hardwood Briquettes.

If I work at the chicken plant in Waco again, I'll be able to check out an InO.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; September 3, 2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

@Jerod -- We have at least 2 InO & a Five Guys within 15 minutes. This turns out to be bad, very bad:-)

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        hahaha, my supervisor said her husband likes InO, but she said it is mainly about the price point on the burgers. He likes a good deal. She said the places are VERY clean.

Nearest 5 Guys just opened up 100 yards from work. Booya.

And with a Chipotle next door to it, to boot.

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Mosca .

That's a great combo! I love a good bowl to go at Chipotles.😎

The survey says... The In n Out double, double cheeseburger, animal style, is the second most popular fast food hamburger in America.😎

http://www.thedailymeal.com/america-...gers-slideshow

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow.

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Double, double animal fried in mustard is the way I roll.

Sadly, I haven't had the privilege of trying either. There are none in my neck of the woods. Plenty of Rally's, and while ok they're nothing to write home about. However, I ordered one of Applebee's burgers once, medium, and it was actually memorable. Also a memorable one once at a pub on Mackinac Island. That's all I got..

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks David C ! Good to hear about those hidden gems. I come up 75, I would assume I get off near Indian River and venture toward Pellston? How far off the path (from 75) would you say it is?

• David C
        David C commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee -- Probably a little over 12 miles (maybe as much as 15) from 75 (its a bit NW of "downtown" Pellston), but you wouldn't need to go all the way back to 75 afterwards, you could just come back East as far as 31, then take 31 North until it meets 75 again. They've got a map on their site. I personally love several of their burgers: "The Jaw", "Lark's Lake Burger" and "Chicago Burger. Unlike most places up there, they are open year-round, as they also cater to the snowmobile traffic in the winter. Definitely a local favorite.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks David C !

Animal style get's you pickles as well. Though it's been so long since I've had a "regular" burger there I could be wrong! All of the stores are family owned - they won't franchise so they can control the quality of the product. I've yet to see one where the line didn't go around the block. If I'm not going to knock a burger out myself, it's always gonna be In 'n Out for me.

Comment

PappyBBQ ...

I had a double, double Animal style yesterday and yes it does come with pickles.😎

The lines are notorious but they are brilliant for putting order takers with an iPad out to walk the line of cars to take your order.

They are growing/expanding much faster since big momma died. I don't know if they will ever franchise it? I hope not because then it will probably go public and that would surely screw it up.

Comment

In-N-Out hamburgers are very, very good.😎

However... They ARE NOT this good.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...assault-684930
          Last edited by Breadhead; October 14, 2015, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Well, I have never had In-N-Out burgers but I have had 5 Guys several times and I was not impressed either time. If you are ever in the Memphis area you have to try Huey's, they have the best burgers in these parts hands down! They put 5 Guys to shame with their burgers and fries and you can order them any way you want. Their burgers are more like home made right off of the grill. Man I would love to have a Huey burger right now with cheddar cheese! Then again, the burgers that I cook on my Lang on the grill side put all of them to shame!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here