Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steakhouse Steakburger scaled down by 25%...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    They call that animal style at In and Out.😎

• (brownie)
    replied
    All you need are some 1/4" onion slices slathered with butter, sprinkled with seasoning and grilled till they are just tender and have some gill marks.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Looks great, I am not a fan of the big fat burgers myself so it is more my style. My wife has been making me do smash burgers, 2 patties for twice the flavor!

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    started a topic Steakhouse Steakburger scaled down by 25%...

Steakhouse Steakburger scaled down by 25%...

I've had some friends say to me an 8oz hamburger patty is just to much. So tonight I had those people over for dinner and I scaled it down. I kept the recipe exactly the same but I made the patties 6oz instead of 8oz. I ground my meat (choice chuck roast) in my Kitchen Aid mixer with the course plate. I scaled the Brioche buns down from 4.5" to 4.0". I cooked the meat on my Big Green Egg with no heat deflector, lid down, on my direct/indirect grate in the up position at 240° With some hickory wood chunks. When the meat reached 125° I pulled the meat and the grate out. I removed the patties from the grate and mounted the grate in upside down while the lump heated up - to set up for the sear. I basted the patties with beef love on both sides and when I had a hot fire I put the patties back on and closed the lid to extinguish the flames. After about 2 minutes I opened the lid and flipped the patties. Then after about 1 minute I opened the lid and put on the extra sharp cheddar cheese and closed the lid. It took about 30 seconds to properly melt the cheese. The cook went well. The only temp devise used was my thermapen. How's that for detail David Parrish ?😎
    Last edited by Breadhead; August 28, 2015, 10:32 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here