Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round Hot Dog Burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round Hot Dog Burgers

I had to see this, so now you do, too.

No.

(From Twitter: https://twitter.com/mariayagoda/stat...483088/photo/1)

…wouldn’t that be considered bologna? Which raises the question, is a hot dog a miniature stick of bologna or is bologna a hot dog pancake?

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      RonB that sounds good, grilled bologna.
      Something else for my bucket list.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, looks like a Newfie steak to me.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      bbqLuv - I suggest at least 1/2" thick. And it wouldn't hurt to add some grilled onions and mustard on either a bun or the sandwich bread of your choice.

I had thought about doing that but now see that there would be a definite crisp bite through the skin that is missing. It would be like eating only the inside of a hot dog which to me would still taste better than bologna but wouldn't be a hot dog.

Comment

See, and here I thought you were talking about something more like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	7944EEE7-9AD7-4E69-99D1-F8E0D337A1FC.jpeg
Views:	233
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1046140

Click image for larger version

Name:	3E739821-A59B-4AAD-8DE8-09325A4A40A6.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1046141

Yes, this is what happens when you're somewhat drunk, want a burger, and only have sausage rolls. Don't judge me.

Comment

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        I used to see these things on those convenience store hot dog roller cookers once in a while. Tried one. Not recommended.

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        I make burger dogs all the time. With just the two of us I chose to buy a package of hot dog rolls. One day hot dogs one day burger dogs. I’ve also put fish sticks in a hot dog roll for a fish sandwich before.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks fine to me, Brother,,,👍👊

Actually we have that in Sweden. It’s called a "Parisian" (don’t know why), and is made by frying a thick slice of sausage (3” in dia) and then placing it in a bun with toppings.

https://sv.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parisare_(korv)

Comment

I love fried summer sausage as a breakfast meat

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too. Yum

Click image for larger version  Name:	E284F4C7-824D-48D9-94A6-8803C27F51B4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.11 MB ID:	1046293Click image for larger version  Name:	A10D094A-3961-4439-9728-046238A80537.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.67 MB ID:	1046294 I love smoked bologna same s. Buy a chub and slice about 1/2” thick. Lightly smear with yellow mustard and hit with your favorite pork rub. Smoke at 200 for about an hour. Serve on a toasted bun topped with cole slaw and mustard or South Carolina style mustard bbq sauce.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here