Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non Potato Burger sides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non Potato Burger sides?

I'm planning on burgers for the weekend but want to try a little something different on the side? What's your favorite non-potato burger side?

Although I've been doing a version of the mushroom blended burger for years, I'm going to try Clint Cantwell's recipe this weekend.
    Amp up the umami with this flavor packed recipe featuring a beef and mushroom blended burger. If you’re a fan of mushroom Swiss burgers then you’re going to fall in love with the rich flavor of this unique take on the classic burger.
    Last edited by Dalmore; May 11, 2021, 03:03 AM.

My wife has an amazing cucumber and pasta salad that goes well with burgers. For me any type of salad pasta or green goes well with a burger.

Comment

• Razor
      Razor commented
      Editing a comment
      Recipe or it’s not true…

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      See below....
      Last edited by DavidNorcross; May 11, 2021, 03:13 PM.

Onion rings, asparagus, pasta salad

Comment

Corn on the cob is the classic one, IMO.

Comment

Martha Stewart has an easy but tasty recipe for garlic and ginger cucumbers, they are really good and could sorta substitute as healthy fries. Panko fried asparagus is another one that could substitute as fries but be unexpected on the plate

Comment

• Dalmore
          Dalmore commented
          Editing a comment
          Panko fried asparagus is one my wife and I tentatively agreed to this morning. Do you have a recipe recommendation? PS - I lived in Fayetteville fresh out of college many, many years ago. And no - not military.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          Dalmore I honestly don't remember which recipe I used, but it was just egg, panko, flour, paprika, salt and pepper I think. I pretty sure I served it with a mayo, citrus juice, and garlic aioli. Just checked google and none of them are the exact recipe I used, but they all look good I'm about an hour away from Fayette-Nam

• Dalmore
          Dalmore commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm, your for sale post has you 1-hour south of Raleigh and now you say 1 hour from Fayetteville - I going with Sanford. Beautiful little town. My Mom lives about an hour or so west in Ablemarle. My grandparents hailed from Rocky Mount. I'm native of Henderson about an hour north of Raleigh.

No potato Salad, really, Ok then I would go with coleslaw.
        I enjoy coleslaw as a topping on the burger.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I've not tried it on a burger, but always put a dollop on a pulled pork BBQ sandwich.

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too on pilled pork.
          Did a barter Ribs for pulled pork, my friend included coleslaw and slider buns.

A garlic and jalapeno pasta salad. Minced garlic and tiny dice on the jalapeno. A little olive oil to coat the noodles. S & P and toss. As for the pasta type, anything works. I prefer spaghetti noodles.

Comment

Fried green beans, pasta salads and or coleslaw are the first that come to mind. Maybe that’s from reading other suggestions in the thread. Nothing else really comes to mind though.

Comment

Cook pasta of your choice and drain and cool.

Cut up tomatoes, black olives, cucumbers, sweet red peppers, etc, etc

Mix together in a bowl with your favorite Italian dressing.

Top with Parmesan cheese.

Comment

Grilled corn on the cob with a squeeze of lime on it,,,,
              no butter required

Comment

• Dalmore
                Dalmore commented
                Editing a comment
                That's actually really good. Lime or lemon squeezed on sweet potato kinda rocks too.

• Bkhuna
                Bkhuna commented
                Editing a comment
                Grilled corn with chili powder, salt and lime.

I like something nice and acidic. A non-mayo based cole slaw, quick pickled cucumbers or spicy smashed cucumbers are at the top of my list

Comment

• Dalmore
                Dalmore commented
                Editing a comment
                You have my attention - spicy smashed cucumbers?

• shify
                shify commented
                Editing a comment
                Dalmore - you can search for recipes for Sichuan cucumber salad but basically smash and chunk a bunch of cucumbers.. maybe 4-6 small cucumbers for 2 people. Add in one sliced hot pepper (long hots, jalapeños or banana peppers work. I like red for a contrast) Then mix a few cloves of chopped garlic with a little salt, pinch of sugar, with 2 TBS soy sauce and 2 tsp black vinegar and a TBS of Chinese chili oil. Mix all together. One of my favorite things

Beer! It’s a great side that works every time.

I will be waiting for the usual suspects to chime in, bbqLuv , Panhead John , even Bonesy mebbee .
              Last edited by FireMan; May 11, 2021, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                What makes you think I will Charm in?

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                bbqLuv , A. You just did.
                B. It is chime & not charm.
                C. Cuz you are charming.
                D. Can you say PBR?

Jalapeno poppers.
              Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus.

Comment

• Dalmore
                Dalmore commented
                Editing a comment
                Made some quicky jalapeno poppers in the air fryer last night!

Grilled asparagus is always a winner for my fam.

Comment

Diced avocado, diced tomato, thin-sliced red onion, Caesar dressing. Toss & chill.
                OR
                Red, yellow & green peppers (1/2 inch chunks), sliced carrots, thin-sliced onion, blanched green beans, good vinaigrette. Toss & chill.
                OR
                Carrot salad with ginger dressing.
                OR
                Big platter of caprese salad (sliced tomatoes, sliced mozzarella, basil leaves, oil & vinegar).
                OR
                Any one of nine gozillion macaroni salads.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here