Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most you have paid for a burger in a restaurant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe $15 or so, and can't exactly remember where. If I'm spending a lot of money on a meal (even if someone else is actually paying for it) I want to be eating a steak or something else better than a burger.

Comment

Whatever Chili's charges.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        I have been know to consume one of their burgers from time to time, but I think it was around $6 for a burger and fries the last time I was in there.

$25.

It was an 8 oz. patty. It was advertised as a blend of short rib, brisket and ribeye. Has an incredible maple bourbon onion jam on it. The cheese was both delicate and flavorful at the same time. I forgot what kind it was. House grown greens and heirloom tomato rounded it out. It was on a house made sourdough roll and came with hand cut twice fried rosemary french fries. It was really good.

It was better than some steaks I've paid over $25 for.

Comment

Excluding overpriced hotel burgers and overpriced hotels, being I spent almost 20 years living in NYC, I regularly had $20+ burgers as unfortunately that was just the cost of living there. Even now in the burbs, outside of fast food or quick services places, doubt I'm getting a burger for much less than $15. (Edit: Checked a few local restaurants ranging from fairly casual to mid-level - prices ranged from $11.25 (cheeseburger only) to $17 (cheeseburger and fries))

But probably the most expensive burger, at least at the time, was the original db Bistro Moderne burger which was stuffed with foie gras. Probably the original decadent burger and I think it was something like $32 give or take a few bucks back in 2001-2002 when it debuted. Outside of that, I've had a number of burgers made with custom cut, dry aged beef or lamb that were probably $20-$25 and maybe pushing $30. Most have been worth it. Can't recall spending much more than that at a 'regular' restaurant
        Last edited by shify; March 8, 2021, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I really can't remember, but I feel like if it is expensive there must be a reason. In that case, I am probably in a upscale restaurant and I am going for something else than a burger.

Lion's Tap is a spot in my Hometown that has my favorite burgers of all time, they are not cheap $12 ala carte, but all worth it. They can't be beat. Plus, I just love going there cause it feels like home. I'd probably pay $20 +. Great food and atmosphere is worth it to me.

Comment

4 bucks for a bacon double cheeseburger at the local burger king.

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              wow. I do like BKing but for me its a Wendy's Bacon Jr Cheese Burger.

KOBE BEEF BURGER
            $24.00
            Truffle Cheese, Truffle Mayo, Truffle Parmesan Fries

Local restaurant - Pamplemousse Grill
            Worth every penny

Comment

Chicago burbs Hackney's on Harms rd . they had a killer burger and a brick of onion rings.
              I don't remember a price but crazy good!

Comment

Instead of citing a shamefully overpriced yet disappointingly under-flavored hotel room service burger from a totally forgetable business trip taken to any one of several different continents long ago, I'd rather give a shout out to several memorable burgers (and near-burgers) from an amazingly good local place just a little way south of Denver: https://craverealburgers.com/menu/burgers/ . Their least expensive aren't terribly cheap and their most expensive aren't terribly pricey and every one I've actually tried (sorry, but I just can't bring myself to try one involving peanut butter and jalapeños on a burger just aren't my cup of tea) has been amazing and has easily made it onto my list of personal favorites.

Hmmmmmm ... which reminds me ... I need to bulk up tomorrow for the upcoming weekend of shoveling snow ... .

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow, they gots some really cool an imaginative choices on th menu!

I’ve seen pricier burgers, but the most I’ve ever shelled out is probably $18, which included fries. Anything above that and I know it’s a scam. 😎

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here