Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most you have paid for a burger in a restaurant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the most you have paid for a burger in a restaurant?

I know we all have bought a burger at one time or another. Some of us have bought many...

So what's the most you have paid, and it doesn't have to be in todays $$. If you think you paid relatively more in the past, you can say so, just give an approximate year.

Here's my example: We were in the World Trade Center about 30 years ago at lunchtime, so we went to one of the lower levels to check out some restaurants. We looked at some menus and were shocked at the $10 to $20 burgers, (remember - this was ~ 30 years ago) - not to mention the prices of everything else. So we settled on one of the cheaper places and I ordered a $10 burger that turned out to be nothing special. But it was in the WTC...

Who's next?

I think $15 at Widmere's old taproom.

Comment

$18 basic cheeseburger and bacon with fries. Nothing special except location in the city.

Comment

I know it was expensive . I do not remember the actual $ but it was over $20 and a long time ago, in Vegas. Was a business trip, so expensed. I am too cheap to pay that out of my own pocket.

Comment

I travel a lot (or at least, used to) so I have ordered a great many lackluster burgers from hotel restaurants over the years. $25-$28 is the usual.

Comment

• Andrrr
            Andrrr commented
            Editing a comment
            Can I dislike this only because I’ve been in the same boat as you and I know the ONLY reason this BS continues is because these places have markets cornered because business are paying for it?

• STEbbq
            STEbbq commented
            Editing a comment
            I always try to book hotels where local food is nearby now. I learned to try and avoid places where the next place to eat is like 2 miles away.

• Michael_in_TX
            Michael_in_TX commented
            Editing a comment
            I end up having to do it as I'll fly in early to help get the conference set up, but when have these events downtown in large cities, there is *nothing* open nearby on the weekend.

40+ dollars... had a burger in Bahrain at I think it was TGI Fridays or some similar US based chain lol. To be fair I think it was almost $7 to one Dinar at the time.. it was the cheapest thing on the menu

Comment

$12 here at a local restaurant called Reel Cajun. It was really good, one of the better restaurant burgers I've had, but I'm not paying that much again when I can make a better one at home.
            Last edited by 58limited; March 7, 2021, 08:38 PM.

Comment

$35 at resort in Maldives. Least expensive item on the menu.

Comment

• Clark
                Clark commented
                Editing a comment
                HawkerXP Did that come with fries or chips?

The most I ever paid was around $25 at a restaurant in the Monte Carlo(Las Vegas). The place was called Burger Bar, I’m sure it’s changed by now, but remember it being a decent burger. It was Kobe beef, some kind of onion jam and cheese. Was over 15 years ago, but I recall the burger being expensive. We even ordered fried green beans, at that time I’d never heard of such.

Comment

Killer Burger in Selwood, OR: $8.50

Comment

I think I paid about $20 for a burger in Tahoe once, but the place was on the lake and and had valet parking for the boat

Comment

There's a little joint in a town just south of us in a tiny burg on I5 named Dunsmuir. In that tiny town is a self proclaimed "coffee shop" named Yak's. Their burgers are THE BEST HAMBURGERS IN THE UNIVERSE. Their melty-cheese burgers are piled high with cheese that melts down and fries on the edges into a wonderful frico that could actually be peddled as a side dish or appetizer.

Their meat is locally sourced and ground onsite. They offer no fried side dishes (thank God!), but their side salads are HUGE!

The best gawdamm burger I have ever eaten. Period. I compare every other burger, especially mine, to what that little hole-in-the-wall makes. If they were a hunnert bucks a pop I'd still kick down, although not regularly because, honestly, it's just a hamburger.

Comment

• CaptainMike
                      CaptainMike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      STEbbq I don't recall, but not cheap. Somewhere in the $20 range, but when you want one it doesn't matter. They really are that good.

• ofelles
                      ofelles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Once a decade or two I get up that way. I will have to stop there.

• Loren
                      Loren commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dang that sounds good...I drove right by it on my way out to Texas last November :/

Not that much. I mean there's probably been a $30 burger from room service on a business trip but I don't actually remember and those are kind of a different thing.

For a burger in a regular setting? About $15 from Uneeda Burger in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle. The guy who runs it is a top flight chef and everything is great. The regular cheeseburger isn't much but they have elk burgers and, well....

Comment

• bardsleyque
                      bardsleyque commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Uneeda is really good and the basic cheeseburger is under $10

Probably $12-15, if they get much over $10 I start looking for other things on the menu I like more. I like burgers fine, but like lots of other things more.

I’m sure I’m probably forgetting one I ate captive at inside an airport, arena, or amusement park or something that might have been higher. I do remember being in NYC in 1992 and paying like $8 for a McDonalds quarter pounder meal when they were 2.99 here.

Comment

• smokin fool
                      smokin fool commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sounds like me.
                      If anything on the menu is over $10 I'm going hungry. I have vast fat reserves.

• ofelles
                      ofelles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      smokin fool But we do have to retain/maintain those reserves.

$17.50 which is halfway between 15 and 20 and somewhere near reality. I’m not sure anything is worth more than that but feel free to mark that up relative to your location.
                    Last edited by Andrrr; March 7, 2021, 10:29 PM. Reason: I’m rethinking things and I agree with glitchy that more than $10 gets me questioning things.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here