Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch Oven: South West Pork and Black Beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a good way to use up some leftover pulled pork!

Trying Evernote for the recipe... here it is:

Ingredients 1 package (9 oz) of soft beef or pork chorizo .5 to 1.5 lbs of previously smoked/cooked pork 3 cans (15 ounce each) blackbeans, drained and rinsed 1cup of chicken broth 1 12 oz beer(any ki...

Click image for larger version

Name:	swbeans1.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	58895

Click image for larger version

Name:	swbeans3.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	58896 Click image for larger version

Name:	swbeans2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	58897

You sir are a Dutch Oven King!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I was going to go with a "Dutch Oven Cooking Fool" but a king is a better than a fool.

• Strat50
      Strat50 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless the king has no clothes...lol

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought that was Emperor?

That would make killer quesadilla filling!

Comment

Such a cool way to cook. I love using the Dutch and some fire.

Comment

OMGoodness, does that ever look tasty! Way to go, Steve!

Kathryn

Comment

Comment

Recently purchased my first cast iron Dutch oven, and had the good fortune to stumble onto this recipe... I didn’t even realize AR had a cast iron section! Followed the recipe to the T, used the green peppers and tomatillos from the optional section - came out absolutely delicious! Much spicier than I expected given the ingredients, but that’s a GOOD thing! :-)

Thanks for sharing this gem with us. 👍

Comment

That looks incredible! I have to get back to my DO. Poor thing has been sitting on the floor under my prep table in the garage for about a year. That's what happens when you start collecting too many cooking devices things you use to love to use get pushed aside for periods of time.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Yikes, better rescue that rascal, git it re-seasoned, an enjoy some winter DO cookin, Brother!

I have yet to see a Hotdish Receipt, up in here!

Frozen Smoke , show us yer stuff man! 👍

Comment

That got my mouth waterin'.

Comment

Awww. I miss Steve (smarkley). He's making these beans in heaven, I'll bet.

Kathryn

Comment

• gdsim1
                    gdsim1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh man, I didnt realize...

Kinda feel like a heel for not knowing. Guy left some really great recipes here, and no telling how many he carried to the pearly gates with him. I hope it gives him a smile every time someone cooks up one of them... I'll be thinking of him every time I make this recipe now.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here