Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chili dogs in the dutch oven...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chili dogs in the dutch oven...

I get chili dog cravings about twice a year and they must be satisfied. I made these awhile back I usually don't take the time to do this but that particular day I must have had more patience than usual. Everything goes in the dutch oven buns and all.
    You spread the inside of the buns with mayo first which keeps them from getting soggy. I don't know how but it works.
    Buns come out nice and toasted.
    Put the dog in the bun your chili, onions and cheese and bacon. Set up the oven to run at 350 for 45 minutes and you're good to go!

I used a do diaper..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0270.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	440047

All set up..

Name:	100_0271.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	440048

Ready to go..

Name:	100_0272.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	440049

Oh yeah now I want a chili dog!!

Name:	100_0273.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	440050

Looks good!

Comment

Awesome looking meal!

Comment

Looks FANTASTIC! I too get chili dog cravings. Don't know what it is but I love the things.

Comment

Those look Guuuddd!!!!

Comment

That mayo might do the same thing to the bun as it does to the surface of a steak and fish to help it bark up somewhat.

Yet another reason to choose mayo as your last and only condiment.

Comment

• lemayp
              lemayp commented
              Editing a comment
              Just say no to mayo...

Me wants!

Comment

I don't know why I did this to myself. I just checked the fridge I have dogs and buns but no chili in the house.
              I will see if the craving passes otherwise it's off to the store for a can of Hormel with beans!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Wolf Brand works great, too, if ya' can find it thereabouts...

• lonnie mac
                lonnie mac commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with Mr. Bones! Although the Moonbeam always takes a small can of Hormel, and mixes it with a small can of Wolf. Kinda our go-to cheap chili. Dang good too.

Chili dogs are in my top 10 favorite eats and those look fantastic. Definitely on the todo list for me.

Comment

Darn those chili dogs!

Comment

This is in my future. Thank you!

Comment

that is one awesome looking mess you got there.. Yummmmmmm

Comment

those look awesome! i bet they are a little challenge to take them out of the crock pot when they are ready!

Comment

So cool - I have to try this!!

Comment

I make enchalads in a dutch oven, but never chilidogs....this is going on my must do list.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here