Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dutch oven pizza pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dutch oven pizza pie

Dutch Oven Pizza Pie done on a Traegar...
    Attached Files

Canadian bacon on that bad boy. I'll have to flick off them little black hoola-hoops. I love the green ones, can't take the black ones,

Comment

Canadian bacon ,olives and other ingredients what temp did you use?

Comment

• smarkley
        smarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe it was 325 for 1.3 hours

Right on Steve. Never imagined pizza cooked in that fashion! I'd have to flick the little black things like Jerod though. Looks jam up and jelly tight!

Comment

steveo it that thing like 8" think?

You need to school me in dutch oven bro. You got in going on with that thing

Comment

Looks awesome. Got pics of the inside?

Comment

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            Its got to be a false bottom dutch over. Man thats thick right?

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks CRAZY thick... yeah

• smarkley
            smarkley commented
            Editing a comment
            heh heh... I never got pics of the inside.. it was decimated almost immediately, and people were complaining about me trying to take a picture. LOL

BUT.. imagine a a huge deep dish Chicago style pizza with a top on it... The dutch I used is a 10" dutch and it is maybe 4.5 inches deep and was just the perfect size.

I will do another one someday and add more details and pics...

Nice job! I would flick both black AND green... add me some shrooms though. Mmmmm.

Comment

Thanks everyone... I like Dutch oven cooking. In the old days I was a river guide on a 6 day float trip, we used Dutch ovens for almost every evening meal... even steak night, where we always made a cobbler. A dutch oven meal cooked over a campfire is generally the best thing ever!

I am always looking for a recipe I can use a Dutch for... So if people are interested I will post more about using them.

Comment

• Dr ROK
              Dr ROK commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely interested!

Last edited by Breadhead; June 2, 2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

@Smarkley... I just bought a Lodge 7 quart cast iron Dutch oven. My intent was to bake sourdough bread in it but I've enjoyed putting it on the BGE and cooking Meathead's bean recipes in it too.

Comment

Breadhead Ahhh that is a nice Dutch... I have the 5 quart like that and a 6 quart with legs for cooking over a fire.

I have tried the no knead recipe a couple times where you make a boule and bake in the dutch... works good for that.

Comment

I don't do no knead bread but that's exactly why I bought this Dutch oven. I can't think of a better way to trap the steam you need to maximize the oven spring of your boule. That will give you great ears if you scored your dough right too.

You Gumbo is on my short list though.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here