Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch Oven Website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch Oven Website?

For grilling and smoking (and many other science backed cooking techniques) there is no doubt amazing ribs is the best site out there. I am looking to get more into dutch oven cooking and was wondering if there was a website out there that was equally as insightful as amazing ribs?

CBM

You might to start here: http://www.dutchovendude.com/

Comment

• merrittcb
      merrittcb commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you!

• Medusa
      Medusa commented
      Editing a comment
      Bingo! --Ed

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

Also try everydaydutchoven.com

Comment

• merrittcb
      merrittcb commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks!

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a new one to me. Thanks for posting.

Many of our recipes have instructions for Dutch Oven Cooking. I used our search field, located at the top of every page, to pull up recipes and info on Dutch Ovens: http://amazingribs.com/search_result...q=dutch%20oven

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
      Alabama Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Max, I just tried to open this link twice and got a "page not found". ?? Would love to see it if y'all can figure out what is happening/

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      That was from 2015. The only thing constant is change. I write "dutch oven" in our search field and got this: https://amazingribs.com/searchresults/dutch%20oven

My favorite Dutch oven page is Byron's Dutch Oven Cooking Page

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1289.JPG
Views:	451
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	363513

Comment

merrittcb, You might want to Search Amazon for a BSA (Boy Scouts) Dutch Oven Cook Book! The Procedures are Illustrated and Described! The Recipies are Basic but Filling! It's been Years but I Should have some Recipies if I can Find them I'll Post them for You!
        Wat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I still like a good video. I never miss a good ole Cowboy Kent myself. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClr...yoWsVlB-7c61PQ

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 on Cowboy Kent, Brotha !!!

Originally posted by Skip View Post
          Also try everydaydutchoven.com
          This guy hasn't updated his site in over a year. He used to post a couple new recipes a month. He still has some great recipes archived there.Hopefully he is still with us.

Comment

In my experience, Dutch Ovens are about braising. So, not a website, but a masterful book: https://www.amazon.com/All-About-Bra...about+braising

Any of these can be done on the grill with the DO instead of in an oven.

And here's a great use of the Dutch Oven for pulled beef: https://www.evernote.com/l/AKIOtDw0Q...CDp77yehKg54KU

Comment

Check out this search, in Amazing Ribs.

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
                Alabama Smoke commented
                Editing a comment
                I keep getting a "page not found" for this link??????????

Dutch Oven "Potjiekos" cooking is very popular in South Africa and many cooking competitions are held every month. I have a book from the eighties that has a collection of the best recipes culled from a potjiekos competition. Check out the different recipes and if you or anyone else wants I will forward. One of the most important lessons I have learnt is do not stir the pot once the lid is on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171202_074213 (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.32 MB ID:	417989Click image for larger version  Name:	20171202_074257.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.45 MB ID:	417990

Comment

• kmhfive
                kmhfive commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! I’ll take a look.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here