Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Labor Day Weekend Camping Recipes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labor Day Weekend Camping Recipes.

Hi all. We're going camping Labor Day weekend in our new second hand little rig. I'm looking for some interesting camping recipes. From Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. Maybe some desserts too.

Tools include:
    Weber 18 with SnS Charcoal basket.
    Grate for above campfire
    Propane Camping stove
    1 Cast Iron pan
    1 non stick pan
    regular pot (cooking pot that is)
    possibly smaller Cast Iron Dutch oven. The kind without the feet and charcoal rim on top.
    Usual cadre of seasonings

Any and all ideas are welcome.

klflowers I know you have some good ideas.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2521.jpg Views:	16 Size:	4.49 MB ID:	1283983 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2525.jpg Views:	17 Size:	3.28 MB ID:	1283982
    Last edited by troymeister; August 29, 2022, 05:19 PM.

Don't forget the propane tank...

Comment

How about some chorizo, egg, and cheese burritos for breakfast?

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a great idea. That’s what I’m talkin’ about. Thanks Bud.
        Last edited by troymeister; August 29, 2022, 05:16 PM.

Chicken,,,,
      and U need a PBC,,,,
      Last edited by Greygoose; August 29, 2022, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a WSM with a hanging device. Not enough room in our little universe.

Come on. We've seen your stuff.  I'm looking forward to whatever you come up with! Although........I am missing tent camping with Mudkat

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        HawkerXP Thanks for your kind words Bro. I’m Always learning. Always looking forward to learning new concepts and ideas. School never stops. What better place to learn new concepts? That’s why I’m here. There is always that new idea, spice combo, technique I haven’t thought of.

We used to make some very good baked potatoes wrapped in foil and laid on some coals.

Comment

In the bush, you want quick, easy and delicious.
        Re-heat beef stew, steaks, Re-heat or make premade pasta and sauce...

There's a myriad of options...

Comment

• Timbo54
          Timbo54 commented
          Editing a comment
          I too like to keep it simple. My wife and I do alot of precooking and freeze in foodsaver bags. You can reheat in hot boiling water. No pots to clean and paper plates for the campfire starter. You can preform and freeze your burgers, hot dogs, steaks etc.... Deli meat and cheese for sandwiches. Costco has alot of premade meals that can be baked at home, frozen and reheated when camping. We do alot of " Dry Camping " no water or sewer with our travel trailer and try to conserve water and cleaning

Here's a few:

Grilled Quesadillas

Mountain Man Breakfast

Ultimate Breakfast Burrito

Easy Camping Breakfast

Cowboy Sloppy Joes

Traditional Cowboy Beans

Discada Mexicana | Traditional Mexican Cooking

Comment

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the great ideas. The Cowboy Sloppy Joes look damn good.

Chili dogs would go down well, and when camping it isn't cheating at all to use canned chili.

And don't forget the makings for s'mores.

Simple can be best.

Comment

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          I eat probably 2-3 Chili Cheese Dogs from Portillo’s and a few other Great Chicago Digs probably 3x a month. I love Chili Cheese Dogs. My wife won’t eat them.

• Allon
          Allon commented
          Editing a comment
          troymeister, I love Coney Island chili cheese with onion. Linda and I got there and come home with between 13 to 20 or more... You get a free dog when you get 12 or more.
          Like your wife, mine won't touch chili cheese. She gets chili only.

My parents used to take me to Coney Island since I was 4 years old. I've gone there at least once a year since. Once because I was in the hospital\ recovery for most of that year (I think 2005).

Fresh shot dove poppers?

Comment

Dessert: grilled peach halves with a Jack Daniels, cinnamon, butter, honey sauce served with ice cream. A Cowboy Kent Rollins recipe: https://youtu.be/IqdK-uHS76U
          Last edited by 58limited; August 29, 2022, 07:43 PM.

Comment

EZ campfire banana boats https://www.freshoffthegrid.com/campfire-banana-boats/

Comment

• Allon
              Allon commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks darn good. Thanks.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here