Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first dessert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first dessert

I put this in the what you cooking thread but I thought I should put it here also. This is my first desert in the dutch oven and I kept it simple, peaches and cherry cobbler, the simple kind with the cake box batter, I'm not sure this is a real cobbler but it dang sure tasted good and it was fun.

Last edited by Jerod Broussard; October 3, 2015, 06:40 PM. Reason: extra "s" in the title, original wording was too "dry" ;)

That top looks NICE! WTG jmo! WTG!

Comment

Looks good! I like that parchment paper idea... I was always gonna try that but never have any when I need it. Beats cleaning up a sticky dutch!

Comment

Is that the readymade liners? jmoffatt

Comment

• jmoffatt
          jmoffatt commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I picked them up at Wal mart in the camping department to try out, they worked great as a matter of fact I lifted the entire cobbler out of the oven by the liner and it did not rip, cleanup was a simple wipe out it out and thin layer of oil.

Wow that looks really good. I have my second one on now. This time cherry, with a handful of blueberries. Have not used a liner yet but I was amazed at how easily it cleaned out. It would be nice to lift the whole thing out at once though. Did you let it cool before you lifted it out?

Comment

jmoffatt, You done Good! Boy Scout Troops far and wide will want you to go camping with them, Maybe the Girl Scouts too? Dan

Comment

It looks great...cherry cobbler is the wife's favorite but I prefer the peach

Comment

Cherry cobbler, cherry wood, that is all the cobbler and wood needed on planet earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever hear of Hickory cobbler? I thought so. DWCowles

Comment

• DWCowles
                DWCowles commented
                Editing a comment
                Hickory wood is good with everything Jerod Broussard 😊

Yes I let it cool before lifting it out, thanks guys for the kind words.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here