Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Papaw heat the coals up...Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papaw heat the coals up...Please

What did she make? Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0047.1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	111285

Oh it's a cherry cobbler Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0049.1.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	111287

Comment

and it is soooooo good Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0050.1.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	111289

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        jholmgren, I beleave you are right! Thanks for the info and the Link. Dan

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes Dan it is a Camp Chef dutch oven and I have 3 Lodge dutch ovens (a 10, 12 and 14). I'm not sure why the feet is on the lid but I bet smarkley will know.

• smarkley
        smarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        DWCowles the feet on the lid is so you can flip it upside down and use as a skillet or a griddle... the feet will keep it from rocking around so much
        Last edited by smarkley; September 23, 2015, 10:11 PM.

My favorite of all cobblers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May I also compliment the strategic coal placement.

Comment

Damn right!! I bet they loved it. Looks awesome. DW, my father is now known as Papaw as well after the niece and nephews came along!!

Comment

Yup cherry is my favorite too... great job!

Comment

Looks awesome. Linda and I were talking when I made the raspberry/blueberry cobbler the other day that we are going to do a cherry one next Great inspiration

Comment

I see DWCowles is using his new cooking table for that Dutch!

Comment

• DWCowles
                DWCowles commented
                Editing a comment
                smarkley yes I did and I really like the table. It's a Camp Chef brand that I order from Cabela's. I'm thinking about getting a Lodge table in the future because it has higher walls.
                Last edited by DWCowles; September 23, 2015, 09:44 AM.

Wow does that ever look good.

Comment

• DWCowles
                DWCowles commented
                Editing a comment
                Me myself rather have the Peach cobble over the Cherry cobbler but I was out number by the wife and grandkids Huskee

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here