Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

one of my favorite Dutch Oven Dishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of my favorite Dutch Oven Dishes

So, a few years ago, HWMO found a recipe, on the back of a saltine box of all places and wanted to try it. It was Ok. but, me being......welllll me, I started playing with it and now, I LOVE it! It is warm, hearty, easy and delicious. Give it a try! Enjoy!

2 lbs sweet Italian Sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
    • 1 cup chopped onions or 1/4 cup dried onion
    • 1/2 cup chopped carrots
    • 1/2 cup chopped green peppers (colored peppers are nice, too)
    • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
    • 2 cups milk
    • 3 tbsp Worchestershire souce
    • 1/4 tsp ground sage
    • 2 cans white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    • brown sausage in skillet or in cast iron Dutch oven
    • add carrots and peppers, to sauté, onions if using fresh
    • cook until vegetables are tender
    • stir in flour until smooth
    • gradually add milk
    • cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and begins to boil
    • stir in Worcestershire Sauce and sage
    • if using Dutch oven, add beans. if using different baking dish, combine sausage mixture and beans in baking dish.
    • bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
    • serve with crackers or bread

Do you spin it around to whip it? I figure centrifugal force is merely a state of mind.

Love me a good meal that goes with saltine crackers.

Comment

Sound tasty, may have to give this one a try.

Comment

let me know if you make it. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Comment

just made a pot of this last week. the night my computer went toes up and had to go to GeekSquad Hospital. CANNOT tell you guys how much I LOVE GeekSquad!!

Meanwhile, here are some pics of this yummy Sausage bowl. Click image for larger version

Name:	White Bean Sausage Pot.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	120986 Click image for larger version

Name:	White Bean Sausage dinner.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	120987 Click image for larger version

Name:	White Bean Sausage bowl.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	120988 Click image for larger version

Name:	White Bean Sausage close.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	120989

Comment

Giving this a short later tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here