Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch Oven Chicken Vesuvio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch Oven Chicken Vesuvio

Well not a bad maiden voyage for the dutch oven. Not the best looking dish but the taste was okay. It was a fun way to get started.

Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 13, 2015, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Jon Solberg, Looks like you didn't go hungry last Night! One criticism, next time drop the damned Peas before you put them in the pot. In the way of suggestions, It appeared like you had to many Bricquets under your oven and perhaps a few extra on the cover. In general you want fewer coals on the bottem than you have on top! In conclusion I cannot Pronounce the Name for Your Bill of Fair, but when my Grandma was cooking and we asked what it was her stock answer was Slum Gullion!, Dan

Comment

Purddy cool right there.

Comment

A proper ratio of potatoes to garlic, i must say. Well done!

Comment

Nice job! You gotta start some where and that looks like winner winner chicken dinner.

Comment

Nice way to break in the Lodge Dutch Oven, Jon Solberg . Thanks for the progressive photos. It feels like I'm cooking right alongside you. I bet it was quite the tasty supper.

Kathryn

Comment

Awesome! You did it!

Did it cook fast? It looked like lots of coals... but could have been good for the long run.

Comment

Thanks everyone. It is going to take some cooks to get this down for sure. Defiantly fun.

It cooked for about an hour. After I deglazed and added the potatoes. It of the chicken was 175ish when I pulled it. I did get heavy browning in the bottom but not burnt. Tasted good. Just not so good in the looks dept. Going to do the other half a chicken today. On a rack. I'll slow that down some.
                  Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 13, 2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                    Danjohnston949 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Have a Ball, Jon! Enjoy, Dan

Looks Great! and a fun way to make Chicken Vesuvio

Comment

Jon Solberg looks like you're having a lot of fun with that dutch oven. I got a dutch oven cook book that has some tasty recipes in it that I can't wait to try out. Have fun and keep the pics coming 😊

Comment

Looks awesome. My Dutch oven comes tomorrow . Looks like the same one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here