Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peanut Butter Pie ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peanut Butter Pie ?

While I was watching the video seminar with Chris Lilly, I swear I saw on one if his restaurant's marques peanut butter pie ! If he does sell such a pie I'm interested. Did I read it wrong ?

Yup, barney , your eyes weren't deceiving you. In the intro, at about 1min 36 seconds in, the camera pans to the marquee on the Big Bob Gibson's BBQ sign and it clearly says "Our peanut butter pie has more peanuts than a payday".

I've made smooth peanut butter pie, but never a crunchy one. I'd like to see what theirs tastes like. Will have to go there the next time we're in Alabama and close by.

Kathryn

Comment

Thank you fzxdoc ! I love peanut butter & that sounds real interesting. I don't have any plans to go to Alabama any time soon since I live in Kyle, Texas.
      What is your peanut butter pie like ?
      There's a wonderful pie store here in downtown Kyle that I buy the peach & strawberry pie. The crust is to die for, its called Texas Pie Company

And on the same block there is Milt's BBQ.
      Anyone driving through here (on I-35 between Austin & San Marcus) plan on stopping by.
      Last edited by barney; May 10, 2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

OMGoodness, Barney, pie AND BBQ on the same block? I want to live there!

Here's a good recipe for peanut butter pie--if you put it in a (dare I say?) purchased Oreo crust, it becomes a no-bake pie. Pour some chocolate syrup over it, toss on some bittersweet chocolate curls on top, and Voila! you've got the kind of pie that your husband finds you surreptitiously eating the leftovers. In the closet. At 3am.

Kathryn

Comment

That pie sounds wonderful Kathryn ! Sorry, I don't have a husband but I do have a wife. She loves peanut butter also. Might have to surprise her with this.

Comment

Awww, what a nice husband you are, Barney. I bet your DW will love that pie.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here