Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claufouti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claufouti

If you have never tried Clafouti, you really need to give it a try! kind of a cross between a pancake and a pie. with a kind of custard texture. all made with fresh cherries! As soon as the cherries show up in the grocery, I'll be making one. I LOVE them! You can make it with other fruit but, technically, it is ONLY Clafouti if it is made with Cherries. The pits are left IN the cherries, as cherry pits have their own subtle flavor that bakes into the pancake. I'll post a recipe and, as soon as my cherries come in, I'll post some pictures. When you eat it, you just very carefully squeeze out the pits with your fork, or, be all uncouth, like me, and just take the cherry and spit the pit back on your fork. it is really great! You can make it with any fruit but, if it isn't cherry, it isn't Clafouti, it is Flaugnarde.

So, here is the recipe, pics coming when I have cherries:

Put the batter together in the blender. When I use cherries, I can bake it all together. When I use smaller berries, like blueberries, I pour about 1/3 of the batter in the pan and bake for a few minutes until JUST set enough to support the blueberries. add the blueberries and the rest of the batter. bake til GBD.

1/2 cup flour
    2/3 cup sugar, divided
    1 1/4 cup milk
    3 eggs
    1 tbsp vanilla
    pinch of salt
    12 oz cherries (a couple handfuls)

Bake at 350

Serve dusted with powdered sugar. quick and easy and oh, so yummy!

wiffie who never obeys...announced this perfect physical specimen is getting FAT! such post are hurtful

Comment

clafouti isn't so bad. not a huge amount of sugar in it. more like a pancake with cherries. I started making these about three years ago and I LOVE them!

Comment

Have you ever tried this with frozen cherries. The only kind of pie cherries we get around here are frozen or canned.

Comment

you could but the texture wouldn't be that great. You really want the wholeness of a cherry. the firm cherry you have when they are fresh. and, remember, you want to LEAVE the pit inside the cherry when you bake. removing them on by one, as you eat. Frozen fruits are just not really great in this recipe. you really do want fresh.

Comment

I'm gonna do one tomorrow...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here