Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for traditional BBQ accompaniment deserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    I have to come up with a recipe. I've never had it but it sounds amazing. I drove through Hondo several years ago but didn't find the BBQ place (it was mentioned in Daniel Vaughn's book and I've been intrigued ever since). Bucee's has good candied jalapenos, I might use those in the recipe - that is when i try to create one.

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    Jalapeno apple pie!?! 58limited recipe?

• 58limited
    replied
    Cowboy Kent Rollins on youtube has a great recipe for grilled peaches with a Jack Daniels whiskey, honey, and cinnamon sauce.

There was a BBQ place in Hondo, Texas that had a jalapeno apple pie on their menu, not sure if they are still open but that is one of many items on my to-make list.
    Last edited by 58limited; August 3, 2019, 05:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PNWGreg
    started a topic Looking for traditional BBQ accompaniment deserts

Looking for traditional BBQ accompaniment deserts

Hey Pitmasters,
    I’m in the Pacific Northwest... not so familiar with Texas, East Carolina, Memphis or KC BBQ. I’ve sampled some meats and sides on-site, save for KC but haven’t sampled desserts.
    I have and will make another brisket with skillet corn bread, Bourbon baked beans and potato salad. Now I need a suggestion for desserts.
    I’m assuming peach cobbler and pecan pie may be amongst them. If you’ve any other suggestions, I am willing to be educated.
    Much obliged!
    Greg

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here