Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    Who wrote that book?

• JeffJ
    replied
    I was given a cookbook roughly 20 years ago called "Thrill of the Grill".

One of the recipes in the book is Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. This thing is absolutely decadent.

It's a big creamy Recee's peanut butter cup with a buttery graham cracker crust. The chocolate is on top and it's rich. That filling - wow!

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    Amen

• texastweeter
    replied
    I have a recipe for carrot cheese cake from a Cajun friend of mines grandma...OMG hurt yourself good!

Leave a comment:

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    There is nothing better than a good carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. The proper blend of spices and carrots and bite of the cream cheese makes it.

Leave a comment:

• Mark V
    started a topic Desserts

Desserts

In the last few months I have made 2 of my 3 favorite desserts. I am not usually big on desserts. Made a german chocolate cake, which was unbelievable (got the frosting recipe from a bbq judge, that was the key). BTW, German was the last name of the guy who worked at Baker's chocolate company, who came up with it. Baker was the name of the guy who owned the company. They did make chocolate for baking. Confusing!

Tonight I made Nanaimo bars, straight from their website, wow. I had thought about this for years, and someone here just mentioned them again, so I had to.

The last dessert I want to make and do a good job on is carrot cake. I have not done well on that in a couple tries, but it has been years and now recipes include weights, so I have hope I can do it. I will take a good carrot cake above all, practically.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here