Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy Banana Pudding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Banana Pudding

Several years ago (OK, a couple of decades ago) I worked with a young lady that always brought banana pudding to office parties. It was very good, and I pestered her for the recipe but she would never give it to me. Work eventually slowed at the company, and I left. On my last day, the young lady in question slipped a piece of paper in my hands and made me promise I would not share it with anyone at the company (my new job was only a couple of blocks away, and I was friends with many of the people at the company I was leaving). Low and behold, it was the banana pudding recipe. It has been so many years that I don't think I will get in too much trouble sharing it here. It is a surprisingly simple recipe.

3 cups cold milk
    2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
    1 large cool whip
    1 8oz pkg of cream cheese
    vanilla wafers (I usually use around a box and a half)
    large bunch of bananas

I use a stand mixer, and I put the bowl in the freezer to get it good and cold before I start. Also, let the cream cheese sit out awhile to let it soften; around 15 or 20 minutes works. Add the milk and vanilla pudding mix to the bowl and mix well. Add the cream cheese and about half of the cool whip and mix well. Once it is mixed well, and the cream cheese is incorporated, start to layer in a large bowl, I line the bottom with vanilla wafers, then bananas, then the pudding mixture. Repeat until you run out of pudding. My top layer is usually bananas. Top with the remaining whipped cream. The layering order doesn't really matter, just the cookies on the bottom. Depending on the beverages I am drinking, I lose track of where I am sometimes and my layering goes out the window. If you have a torch, and you are skilled, you can do the peaks thing with the cool whip and brown it. I don't have a torch, and I am not skilled, so I make it look as good as I can and I crumble vanilla wafers on top.

No pics, I am making some tonight, and if I remember I'll post some. Easy, and it tastes great.

Nom!!!!

Thanks to both yerself, an former coworker!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here