Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super smoked cheesecake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super smoked cheesecake

I make this on a pellet smoker with apple wood (usually BBQr's Delight) pellets. I use a store-bought graham crust to save on time and effort, but you could probably use most any crust you would like. It's a pretty simple recipe, just be sure watch out for hot spots, as the crust on this can burn easily. Enjoy!

FILLING
    19 oz cream cheese(softened)
    1 cup sugar
    2 tsp grated lemon peel
    1/4 tsp vanilla
    3 Whole eggs

Heat smoker to 250. Beat cream cheese in large mixer bowl. Add 1 cup sugar gradually,beating until fluffy. Add lemon peel and vanilla. Beat in 1 egg at a time. Pour over pie crust.
    Bake until center is firm, about 1 hour. Cool to room Temp. Refrigerate at least 3 hours but no longer than 10 days.

Sounds good. I love cheesecake.

Comment

Love me some cheesecake

Comment

Two things, to prevent burning, you can put the entire cheese cake in a water bath. obviously you want to use a one piece pan to prevent leaking. How much smoke does the Cheese Cake take up? Fats take up scents pretty easily so I imagine it can come out beautifully smoky! Perhaps, and I am spit balling, you could use bacon drippings in place of some of the butter. chop up some bacon and add it to the Cheese cake and, maybe even use some Maple Syrup as part of the batter. Oh, the gears are turning! I'll have to try doing this. We have a refrigerator in the garage. that is my Aux fridge. I use it for overflow at holidays, as well as storage and meats and beer for HeWhoMustObey (and some he brews, himself) When we are curing pork bellies for bacon, when the bacon has been finished & Sliced, left over BBQ, EggNog, and, yes, Cheese Cakes. They are so enormous, once made, I put them out there so they are out of the way in the kitchen. Being stored in that fridge, where all my smoked meats are stored, the Cheese Cake pics up some of the smoke from the fridge. I am seriously thinking of Smoked Bacon Cheese Cake now.

Comment

Have you tried baking Cheese Cake in a water bath? Of course, you won't want to use a spring form pan but a one piece but it is a great way to control the temp and bake the cheese cake very slowly. I have an aux fridge and my smoked meats, curing bacon, leftover BBQ, eggnog, and beer for HeWhoMustObey all live in that fridge. I keep my cheese cake out there because it is so large, it takes up so much space in the kitchen fridge. and, of course, I am not going to eat it all at once or even more than one piece per day (if that). While the Cheese Cake lives in the aux fridge, it picks up a smoky taste. fats absorb fragrances very easily. That is why fats are used to extract scent from flowers.

This puts me in mind of another way to use Maple Syrup and Bacon. Maple Bacon Cheese Cake, baked then cold smoked. That sounds SO yummy! of course, I am all for anything that includes bacon!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here