Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite pie...or dessert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite pie...or dessert?

Mrs JCBBQ just asked me what dessert I want her to make. Well, she just made over Thanksgiving one of my favorites - a banana cream pie w a salted bourbon caramel drizzle on a peanut butter cookie crust. Yeah, it's as good as it sounds. But that itch has been scratched so I'm looking for ideas.

Tell me what your fav is and maybe it'll inspire her.

Well mine was coconut cream pie until I read your post. Now I'll have some of yours.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      bones, i rember a little store uotside Pittsburg, TX Mr. Bones

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, Brother texastweeter I remember that lil tiny place, an miss it everytime I think on down home, which is powerful often...few more years, hopefully!

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      btw, I put the recipe my wife uses on pg 3

Cheesecake

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m going with cheesecake.
      Haven’t made it in a couple of years. But if the recipe is right. It’s the bomb.
      BTW I am planning on doing this again this year.
      If I can find the recipe that I used in the past I will post it here.

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      I 2nd the Cheesecake, I get it whenever I can. Juniors cheesecake on Flatbush Ave in Brooklyn is something special. I toured the place. They are a worldwide brand and the demand is through the roof. However, they don't want to sacrifice quality so they hand mix every cake and will only bake 88 at a time. The result is it is fantastic.

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      tenphases - When I used to live in Bay Ridge (Brooklyn), there was a little French bakery on 5th Avenue off of 75th called Jean Danet. They made the most amazing cheesecake I've ever tasted. It wasn't round. It was shaped like a loaf pan. We used to get it with strawberries on top. OMG!

the 2 i have memories of are;

my brothers mother in law - old world italian, made a pound cake to die for. she would always make it when she would visit. daughter has the recipe and it's good but not Mrs. Padavano.
    my aunt rose, (fathers sister) made a chocolate layer cake. I think it was 7 layer. she would always bring one to holidays ect.. i literally dream of this cake.

I'll stop there.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      That's beautiful....

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooooo, Aunt Rose's is making me drool. Sounds fantastic.

Don't laugh. Finest brand brownie mix, add a cup of raisins. #1 seller at school bake fairs. (back when you could do such a thing) Serve warm with some vanilla ice-cream.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      You still have a Finest grocery store near you? Damn I grew up with one of those by me. I thought they were all gone.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      You are probably correct Steve B I was referring to my schools bake fairs circa 1960s.....

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Aahh. That would make sense than.

Cain't really pin it to one, but I'll gladly submit a list of some top contenders, in no particular order, to offer some ideas:

This in in addition to th above, which I most heartily agree upon, without reservation, specially cheesecake!

A really moist, succulent carrot cake is always a delight...

Deep dish apple pie, optional vanilla / French vanilla/ or either, with cinammon included/ dusted over...mebbe cheese, too, what th Hail!!!

Fudge, with chocolate chips, an chocolate icing

Cheesecake(s) (Already mentioned, but +1, deserves a BUMP!)

Strawberry Shortcake

Pineapple upside-down cake

I'll stop, fer now; drool is threatenin to damage my keyboard...

Reckon I'll be back, though!

(Keep in mind, I hardly ever eat/crave sweets, but alla these will make me jump right up, an holler!!!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 29, 2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Strawberry shortcake! If you've seen the tv show Cake Boss, it's filmed in the next town over - Hoboken, NJ. I can't really stand the stuff they make but he does make an AMAZING strawberry shortcake. It's the only thing i'll buy there. Mmmmm

im not a big dessert guy but i can never turn down some tres leches.

so darn good!

Comment

Ice cream is my favorite.

But crumb top apple pie is my regular favorite and the Martha Stewart Slab Apple Pie that my wife made one thanksgiving was maybe the greatest pie ever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	454C611A-5AEA-4021-BBC9-66D6EC9A63F3.jpeg
Views:	331
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	598941

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        ZOINKS!!!!!

Cheesecake! Especially my Instant pot cheesecake!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1624.JPG
Views:	354
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	598946

Comment

Well Doc, ya see - I have this problem. I love deserts. Too many to count, and I'm not too picky.... BUT I do love blueberries most any way you can eat em - from fresh to baked in somethin' to cooked down ans poured over somethin'.

Blueberry pie! Blueberry compote poured over ice cream or cheesecake.
      Cheesecake. I'm told I make the best cheesecake, and it's one of the easiest recipes, (google Three Cities of Spain Cheesecake)
      Cherry pie.
      Chocolate pie.
      Apple pie.
      Coconut Cream pie.
      Coconut cake.
      And...

I couldn't find a photo of the Three Cities Cheesecake, so here is a shot of another cheesecake.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A07Y9134.jpg Views:	1 Size:	287.0 KB ID:	599001
      Last edited by RonB; November 28, 2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Aside from the many varieties of cheesecake (try Italian style some time), I'm into key lime and lemon meringue pies. And apple, and ...

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, Key Lime pie. Haven't had that in a while. Hmmmm

1. Tres Leches
        2. Key Lime Pie

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Two of my very favorites

Cranberry-Apple 😋

Comment

My favorite pie is pumpkin with frozen cool whip on it

Comment

I was at Outback with my wife some time ago and they had a chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream with salted caramel dessert served warm in a cast iron dish that we swore was the best dessert we ever tasted!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here