Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled Peach and Blueberry Crumble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled Peach and Blueberry Crumble

Well, this post is very much thanks to Troutman, he really inspired me with this post, and providing full recipes. But a big shout out to ckreef also for a really good dish. I did a spin on it, here's the full recipe. I even did a YouTube video on it, will post all of it next Friday on my own website. So sharing it with you here one week before official publish could be called a Pit Perkâ„¢ I guess

Ingredients

2 peaches
    4 oz fresh blueberries crumble pie

3.5 oz butter
    7 tbsp sugar
    14 tbsp oatmeal
    3 tbsp wheat flour

Cut the peaches in half. Remove the pit, and cut the 'hole' clean (where the pit was).

Click image for larger version

Name:	peach_blueberry1.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	477.5 KB
ID:	558088

Place the peach halves on a flat surface, with the sliced surface up. Add as many blueberries as you can fit in the hole where the pit was.

Name:	peach_blueberry2.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	464.5 KB
ID:	558090

Melt the butter in a pan (or in the microwave). Let it cool off a bit. Add the sugar, oatmeal and wheat flour, and mix it with a fork. Now shape a 'patty' with your hands, one for each peach half and place it on top of the blueberries. It should be 1/3" thick.

Name:	peach_blueberry3.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	443.8 KB
ID:	558087

Fire up your grill, prepare it for indirect grilling. Have it running at 400° F. Place the peach halves on the indirect side and close the lid. Grill them for 30 minutes, make sure the temp stays at 400° F for the duration of the cook. Remove them, let them cool off a bit, and serve with a spoon of vanilla ice cream.

The result

Name:	PeachBlueberryCrumble.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	277.0 KB
ID:	558091

And this is what they look sliced:

Name:	peach_blueberry4.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	437.7 KB
ID:	558089

How it tasted? Divine!

Alright fellas, I'm out !

very NICE!

Comment

Could use some Llama Extract.

Comment

normally leave desserts to my wife, but you just inspired me!

Comment

That's a peachy recipe!

Comment

Peachy keen for sure !! I'm doin' yours Henrik and ckreef recipes for sure. Grilled peaches rock

Comment

Wow those look great!

Comment

Fantastic cook and recipe. I love grilled peaches and blueberries really compliments them. Will give your crumble topping a go one day soon, it sounds delicious with the oatmeal addition.

Bought 6 really nice looking peaches today. They should be good and ripe by Saturday or Sunday. Will post my full recipe later this weekend.

Comment

I was salivating just reading the title to this article!! Very nice only thing I could add to this would be a shot of booze in there also!

Comment

Give it a dash of KC Royale for some savory and I'm in!

Comment

Good idea with the booze Ahumadora! I’ve done this before and can highly recommended it:
                      pour as much Cointreau (orange liqueur) as you can in the hole where the pit was (together with the blueberries. Good stuff!

Comment

• ckreef
                        ckreef commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just need to dig out your hole a little more so it can hold more liquor and blueberries. Cointreau sounds like a good idea. I guess that's the same as Grand Marnier??

• Henrik
                        Henrik commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes.

• Troutman
                        Troutman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh you could forego the peaches altogether and just chug the Grand Marnier !!!!

I want to toss those on after dinner comes off the grill so desert cooks as I eat dinner.
                      Last edited by Attjack; August 30, 2018, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Henrik
                        Henrik commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Exactly! That's how I roll. Easy peasy.

Henrik---I gained 2# reading this! Please stop these posts. I just added peaches to the grocery list.

Comment

• Henrik
                        Henrik commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There you go, peaches are super healthy ;-)

Only one spoon of ice cream!!! Once again an inspiring have to do.

Comment

• holehogg
                        holehogg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        WTF 3 years and I haven't made it. I must, I will, I must .....

Trying this one soon…sounds awesome!

Comment

• Henrik
                        Henrik commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's a winner alright!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here