Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creme-Fig Bruleé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creme-Fig Bruleé

Any ideas on how much fig to incorporate? Love me some figs and should have a couple quart bags by this weekend.

​​​​​​Gonna do some lone Fig Bruleé as well.

​​​​​​Not a very experienced dessert dude.

I'm sure you can fig-ure it out.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope.....fig-uratively speaking....

The idea for this dish came to me the last time I was in Florida visiting my parents. My mom had picked up these delicious black mission figs from the farmer’s market. When I go home, I completely resort back to childhood, opening and closing the fridge, perusing for snacks each time I pass the kitchen. This time, I kept intermittently pulling the figs out of the fridge, cutting them in half, sprinkling each half (generously…) with brown sugar, and torching them for a brûlée’d snack of sorts. Sweet, subtle, with a satisfying caramelized crunch from the brown sugar. And with whipped cream? Heavenly. The creamy, sweet, crunchy, caramelized taste of my torched figs is more elegantly recreated here in crème brûlée form. I cook down the figs, puree them, and infuse the cream with the puree to form the base of the custard. I use a combo of sugar and honey to sweeten it and include a vanilla bean for depth. If I was serving this at a party, I would garnish with fanned out, thin slices of fig. I inhaled it too quickly here to show you that…Enjoy!

I've never made it, but this might shed some light

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Think I can adjust fig amount with the amount I use for my CB. Thanks again!

You know I've often wondered if the good 'ole East Texas boys knew you cooked some of that thar fancy Frog food dEEssert if they might just git together a lynching mob !!!

I'm just funnin' with ya !!! Good luck, never even tried to cook creme brulee much less any variations.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Sous-vide creme brulee is to die for.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here