Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled nectarines with Cointreau glaze, hazelnuts and ice cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled nectarines with Cointreau glaze, hazelnuts and ice cream

Hi all,

I decided it was time to cook dessert on my grill. I'm grilling nectarines halves, covered with a nice glaze consisting of Cointreau (orange liqueur) and honey. I serve it with roasted hazelnuts, orange clove filets and ice cream. It's so good, it's silly.

You can taste the Cointreau, and I match it up with the orange cloves. Also, the hazelnuts add finesse. The ice cream in the picture is Ben & Jerrys Caramel Sutra, but use whatever you have at home.

Serves: 4

Ingredients
    6 nectarines
    2 oranges
    0.4 cups hazel nuts

Glaze
    1 tbsp honey
    2 tbsp Cointreau

Instructions
    Cut the nectarines in half. Whisk the glaze together in a small bowl. Grill the nectarine halves with the flat side up. Apply the glaze on all nectarine halves as soon as they are placed on the grill. Sear them for 5 minutes at 400° F. In the meantime, roast the hazelnuts in a dry frying pan. Let them cool off. Cut out filets of the orange cloves, and serve it all in a bowl. Start with the ice cream, then nectarine halves and orange clove filets, and finally the hazelnuts.

Here are the nectarines, being grilled on direct heat
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dessert1.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	48780

Here's the dish, ready to serve
    Click image for larger version

Name:	grilled_nectarines.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	48781

Looks delicious!!! How do I get to your place?

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it involves a looooong plane ride. Or an even longer boat ride.

• Ray
      Ray commented
      Editing a comment
      I was afraid of that!

Looks awesome as always.

Comment

Wow man, great job! Makes ice cream healthy, at least that what I would tell myself.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha ha, spot on! Healthy is what I'm all about :-)

I knew this thread was yours by the title before I saw your name. Always elevating the grilling.

The dessert looks great, and I love that karamel sutra

Comment

A very fine cook, sir! Here, in Alaska, most of our produce(especially fruit) is inferior, because of shipping versus ripeness, etc. When I see a cook, such as yours, I turn green with envy...lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here