Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with 12 egg whites....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with 12 egg whites....

I'm not set up for French Macarons.

Was thinking marshmallows.

About to drop 5 wide mouth jars of soon to be Creme Brulee in the bath. First time with the sous-vide circulator, soooo nice to let that dude worry about temp control.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; November 12, 2016, 07:19 PM.

Lemon meringue pie

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
      Powersmoke_80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Love Lemon Meringue especially on the tart side!

Is that easier than marshmallows? Easy is the underlying theme here.

Comment

Never made marshmallows, I guess I dunno. The meringue is easy to make, just high speed whip the egg whites with some cream of tartar and I think some sugar maybe?? The lemon part of lemon meringue...and the pie part of lemon meringue pie, maybe not so easy!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not wild about lemon either. Seems like the law of diminishing returns kicks in pretty quick.

I'm probably a little dumb in this dept. But, what happened to the 12 yolks? Just wonderin.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Editing a comment
        The Creme Brulee mentioned above utilizes 12 egg yolks.

You can freeze them also to reuse later for whipping up for whatever you normally use them for. Pancakes, washes, pies... They may not hold as long when whipped but it's the easiest way to avoid just tossing them if you don't feel like doing anything.

Comment

Chocolate meringue pie. Buy a frozen pie crust, bake it, add chocolate pudding and then the meringue. Hit the meringue with a torch to brown a little and you are done.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          Ill try that. Unless I change my mind.

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Jerod Broussard - One of the things I like about you is that you are so decisive.

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought for sure you had him with the torch!

Incorporate them into the last verse of the 12 days of Christmas song??????

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          ha....ha....ha....ha....ha.....ha

Ma bad, just found a bread pudding recipe from back in the day. Lady's name was Anastase, I went to school with her grand kids. Gonna roll with this.

Thanks for the options. I might still be able to do one being I have so much egg white.

Comment

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          Would you be willing to share the recipe?

Most bread puddings are basically a custard (milk or cream plus eggs and/or egg yolks) supported by the bread. I would love to see a recipe that uses a lot of egg whites.

• Jerod Broussard
          Editing a comment
          I'll post it. I'm going to up the bread content without upping the yolk, and use more egg white for a thicker meringue topping.

I'm late to the party, but I was thinking a pound of bacon would go nicely.

Comment

• GadjetGriller
          GadjetGriller commented
          Editing a comment
          Like it does with everything!!

fuzzydaddy, I just tried to Like Your 1 Lb. of Bacon Suggestion to Jerod Broussard Post for Ideas for 12 Egg Whites! Apparently You Have
        Unfriended ME?
        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	205
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	239145

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          You're still my friend Dan!

An egg white omelet might be a little too Martha Stewarty for this crowd, but you could kick it up with any number of hearty additions, including fuzzydaddy 's idea.
        Last edited by gcdmd; November 13, 2016, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Garbage disposer? I also like Steve B's suggestion.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            I'm heading to wolly world after church for supplies. I'm a second shift so this can get done easily tonight. The Creme Brulee is off the chain.

Drink 'em and pretend you are a low fat consuming version of Rocky?

I am MOST interested in your creme brulee results. I've not had any trouble with it in the oven in a bain marie and I'm having a hard time picturing how to do it sous vide. As for the egg whites--freeze 'em in ice cube trays.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here