Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cookies what's your favorite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fudge-covered Oreos from the freezer.

Comment

In no particular order:
      E.L. Fudge
      Tate’s Chocolate Chip
      Fudge Stripes
      Pepperidge Farms sugar cookies
      Shortbread Cinnamon Swirl Sandies

Comment

I rarely buy cookies do love Walkers Pure Butter Shortbread, especially the ones that are shaped like little Scottie dogs.

Oreos lost their appeal when they ditched the hydrogenated shortening. Now I find their cookies are hard with a grainy filling.
        Last edited by Bkhuna; September 17, 2021, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t eat a lot of cookies but the one we keep on hand for the rare occasion of having one is Walkers.

I like Oreos, and every time they come out with a new iteration my wife buys some, except for pumpkin spice. Hy-Vee makes good Chocolate Chip/chunk & Chocolate Chocolate Chip/Chunk cookies. But of course the best are Girl Scout cookies. With granddaughters who are scouts in two states in two different regions (you are all aware that Girl Scouts contract "local" bakeries, so not all cookies are the same everywhere) so I get variations on things like their Smore Cookies. Thin Mints, Caramel/Chocolate Chip, Smore, we've still got cookies. With 3 girls selling them GS cookies last about six months here. The granddaughter here in Iowa still has a few boxes left, so if you want some you can stop by our garage sale in a couple of weeks and pick some up. What's left are not the most popular. I'll probably be loosing some variety nest year, because the Washington girls are moving to Minnesota. Probably be sourcing the same bakery as Iowa.

Comment

• Bogy
          Bogy commented
          Editing a comment
          Bkhuna, giving them the cash is good. You also have the option of donating cookies that will go to those serving in the military.

• WillTravelForFood
          WillTravelForFood commented
          Editing a comment
          I only buy girl scout cookies AFTER the initial ordering craze is over to help the troop get rid of their order overage.

ex: if they only receive an order for one box of thin mints, they have to buy an entire case to fulfill that order - leaving them with 11 boxes they HAVE to sell somehow. Those are the ones' I'm trying to help with.

• Bogy
          Bogy commented
          Editing a comment
          WillTravelForFood and the girls appreciate that. In normal years a lot of their sales come from cookie booths. They haven't been able to do that recently, and it really hit them. OTOH, people have gone out of their way to buy cookies, maybe because they haven't been able to buy cookies there either. One granddaughter put a sign up in front of their house announcing you could get GS cookies there. Neighbors they had never met, who had never bought from her before bought a ton.

Well…I rarely eat store bought cookies, but if I had to choose…
        I’d probably go with Chips Ahoy or Famous Amos because I like chocolate chip…but I haven’t purchased either in many years.
        After that I’d definitely add Walker’s Shortbread…because they’re simple & tasty. Though I’ve not had those for a couple years either. :-/
        I’ve had a few Pepperidge Farm cookies that were good but couldn’t say which as it’s been forever.

Don’t even get me started on Oreos…suffice it to say that I’m not a fan. And to friends that like them, I simply say, "More for you." I bet I’ve not had an Oreo for almost three decades, Maybe more. LOL

Comment

Keebler Pecan Sandies and a glass of milk. Homemade I prefer oatmeal raisin.

Comment

• Oreos, regular.
              Thins are too thin for my liking (although they do have good flavor). Tried the MOST STUF version a year ago, blech- too much Stuf
              Big fan of the Dark Chocolate variety.
            • Trader Joe's Joe-Joes are worthwhile, but just a tad too much Stuf to make them a regular option. Holiday-time, we enjoy the Peppermint Joe-Joes and the Chocolate-Covered Joe-Joes. But these are not recommended if you're trying to shove an entire package in your pie-hole at one time. Just a bit too sweet for mass quantity eating.
            • Dark Chocolate Milanos
            • The usual assortment of Chips Ahoy, Chewy Chips Ahoy, Keebler Fudge Sticks, Keebler Fudge Stripes (regular and Whoops! variety)
            • BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG FAN of the Costco chocolate chip cookies (not the ones from the bakery, but in the cookie aisle. THESE ARE FANTASTIC!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	71jyN8-EetS._SX425_.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1103058
            • The Levithan cookies from the freezer section are almost as good as the actual Levithan cookies from the bakery or the copy-cat recipe.
            • Girl Scout samoas and thin mints, direct from the hidden freezer stash and eaten secretly in the back of a closet so you don't have to share. Remember: serving size = one box.
            • I find Famous Amos to be too dry, and the nuts take up valuable chocolate chip space
            A reminder: oatmeal raisin cookies should be banned, as they often camouflage themselves as the more superior and tastier chocolate chip cookie.

Comment

Originally posted by WillTravelForFood View Post
              reminder: oatmeal raisin cookies should be banned, as they often camouflage themselves as the more superior and tastier chocolate chip cookie.
              Damn right.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                The oatmeal raisin cookies from Subway (of all places) are awesome! I know, you'll probably just take my word for it. But they are!

Not really my thing.

Comment

White chocolate macadamia nut. I have yet to find a brand I do not enjoy.

Comment

Since the stipulations are storebought cookies I'd say Oreos, specifically Peanut Butter Oreos.

Comment

Frozen Oreo's

Comment

Subway's raspberry macadamia nut cookie is good

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here