Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Sauce List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Sauce List

I really love the site Serious Eats! They just put up an article about Kenji’s favorite hot sauces. My friend’s sauce is on the list! When I was running a shared kitchen space for food makers, Infinity Sauces was one of my first adopters. So proud of him!

A little goes a long way, but the list goes on.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      The list is endless for sure....

I love that site as well. I have The Food Lab open right now. Thank you for the share.

Comment

This one puts the discussion to bed....

Click image for larger version

Name:	18138825-2B44-421F-9BAE-60A4EAA17CB8.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	983663
      ​​​​​​​

Comment

• MTurney
        MTurney commented
        Editing a comment
        SheilaAnn "Ghost F Yourself" is the winner on name alone 😂

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve B Da Bomb is the hottest fricken sauce I've ever put in my mouth. Have half a gallon of milk and a fire extinguisher for this one.

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool. Or not 😁.
        I’ll have try this one.

Serious Eats is one of my most frequented cooking websites. Bon Appetit is up there too.

Comment

• jumbo7676
        jumbo7676 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. Serious Eats is always my first stop when searching for non-BBQ recipes or equipment recommendations.

Very neat list, I've calmed down on the hot sauce.
      From your list Franks is always in our house plus two others.
      Nando's Peri Peri Sauce and Pickapeppa Sauce
      Not on the list, Cholula has become a go to hot sauce.

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Nando's

Regular rotation here is crystal or Louisiana hot sauce, infinity chipotle, pick-a-pepper. We are not big hot sauce people. Oh, and Texas Pete’s vinegar peppers for collard greens. For a while, I could not get enough of el Yucatán anything.

Comment

Valentina is served at little sandwich shop here in town. The original owner was the nicest man, came to America from Fidel’s Cuba. He was always smiling as he sliced the pork for their famous Cuban sandwiches. So, so good. I love a bit of Valentina’s on my Cuban. Enough of the trip down memory lane....

Our favorites at home are Crystal and Cholula sauces. Our neighbor brings us pepper sauce every summer, I just keep it refreshed with rice wine vinegar until he brings a new batch.

Comment

Me and my friends have done the Hot Ones Hot Wing Challenge for the past three years. We have sampled some great hot sauces and some terrible hot sauces. I have some suggestions for hot sauces that were great.

Comment

Secret Aardvark is a great sauce. A bit thick and full of flavor. Not to hot but enough kick to make you feel something.

Name:	34A698FF-19C1-4ED2-824B-C02C58E1CADC.png
Views:	231
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	983738

Name:	6051B2D3-E8FF-4684-B12C-D551518D4E29.png
Views:	228
Size:	332.9 KB
ID:	983739

Comment

• Polarbear777
              Polarbear777 commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely my favorite at the moment.

• shify
              shify commented
              Editing a comment
              A great hot sauce that goes well with bbq due to the dried spices added

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              I love this stuff.

I love horseradish so this was one of my favorite sauces from the past 3 years. Great flavor and a very strong kick. Not gonna make you cry but will probably make you grab for a beverage.

Name:	2A89309F-C4BD-48F9-8A7A-FDF3AE365BA3.png
Views:	229
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	983745

Name:	89E6D8E5-E678-4682-BB3C-8DDF222EBA1C.png
Views:	226
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	983746

Comment

After the wing challenge I used this sauce on a breakfast burrito one morning and then on a cheeseburger later that week. So good for something with so few ingredients.

Name:	AD0C4DF1-3BBA-4F38-8AAC-8531FDDD0E07.png
Views:	221
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	983763

Name:	31392A86-37AF-4A87-ACF9-F1D41BE30F86.png
Views:	218
Size:	374.7 KB
ID:	983764

Comment

SheilaAnn. Thanks for posting this thread and thanks to all responders. I am pretty much all in concerning hot sauces. Only have ever put the brakes on with 2 hot sauces one in Grenada back in 1988 and another in Thailand which was absolutely brutal.
                Been on the internet this morning making some sauce purchases.
                I have become a fan of the sauces offered by Hoboken Eddie. Have not tried any of his hot offerings not stocked locally. However most of his other sauces are. Have not had a bad one yet.

Comment

I really enjoy Heartbreaking Dawn’s Cauterizer.

Comment

This (plus a big bottle of Frank’s not pictured) is my current set (sriracha, Valentina and a few others are hidden in the back row). The El Yucateco and the Melindas are my two workhorses. The Yellowbird is my most recent addition and is very good.
                    Trying my best to finish a few more bottles before resupplying.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C51A3914-79FE-4F57-BFE8-2856D2A144FD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.69 MB ID:	984066

Comment

• jumbo7676
                      jumbo7676 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I also recently got/tried Yellowbird Habanero. I also got their Serrano. I really like both of them. The Habanero definitely brings more heat.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here