Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomatillo and Green Chile Ketchup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomatillo and Green Chile Ketchup

With all the Hatch chiles everyone has been buying I thought this might be of interest
    Happened across an old recipe I forgot about. It calls for canned green chiles but I am sure fresh roasted will be better. Next time I do hamburgers this is on the menu.

Tomatillo & Roasted Green Chile Ketchup

Yield: 3 cups

Ingredients:
    2 lb tomatillos, chopped
    1 cup distilled white vinegar
    ½ cup onion, minced
    ½ cup granulated sugar
    1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
    1 tsp salt
    1-4oz can roasted green chiles
    1 clove garlic, chopped

Preparation:
    Combine all the ingredients in a 6qt saucepan and stir to combine. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to med-high and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often, until the tomatillos have broken down.

Remove the saucepan from the heat; strain any excess liquid. Transfer the contents into a blender; purée. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.

To store, pour ketchup into a heatproof container, cool and refrigerate. For longer storage, funnel hot ketchup into clean, warm mason jars. Wipe rims, apply lids and rings, and process in a boiling water bath canner for 15 minutes. Ketchup will keep for 3–4 weeks in the refrigerator. Processed in mason jars, unopened jars will keep up to a year on the pantry shelf.

http://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/tomatillo-and-roasted-green-chile-ketchup AUGUST 28, 2013

Thanks. Kinda looks like my salsa verde recipe.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here