Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steak Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steak Sauce

Has anyone got a favorite steak sauce recipe to share?.Out of curiosity and some research* I made one using a base of Ketchup and Worcestershire Sauce then added Meatheads BBB Rub and some Cider Vinegar to it.Not bad and dirt cheap to make and the ingredients are always on hand in my pantey and probably yours too.

J

1/2 C Heinz "Simply" Ketchup
    1/4 C Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
    1/2 T Meatheads BBB Rub (1 1/2 t)
    1/2 t Cider Vinegar

Mix it all up and use at will.

* Spruce Eats.com
    Amazingribs.com

Pantry

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      the old prison wallet/personal locker JimLinebarger

• JimLinebarger
      JimLinebarger commented
      Editing a comment
      texastweeter I don't care who you are. That's funny right thar!

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG I'm laughing so much I can't see the monitor because my eyes are squinty. You guys crack me up.

Kathryn

Meathead has a steak sauce recipe on the free side.

Comment

I'm personally partial to the Delmonico Steakhouse commercial steak sauce. I have eaten often at Delmonico's in lower Manhattan and love their steak sauce. I can (and do) buy it in my local supermarket.

Comment

The only steak sauce I ever (occasionally) use I Peter Lugars. I have a clone for it too.

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          texastweeter It's not intended to be put on the steak. It's mainly a dressing for the tomatoes and onions. It's called " Steakhouse Sauce," not steak sauce.

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Dewesq55 I put that $H*t on everything!

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Their website says it's "not only great on steak"... I could go double check the framed menu in my office if you like, Dewesq55

Did not know about the recipe on the "free"side and will check it out.

Comment

Luger clone please...

Comment

This is my fave!

One 6-ounce can tomato paste
          1/2 cup light corn syrup
          1/2 cup white vinegar
          1/4 cup water
          1 tablespoon granulated sugar
          1 teaspoon salt
          1/4 teaspoon onion powder
          1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Delish!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            "On It, Boss!!!!"

Growing up in the UK all i can even think of is HP. Love that with baked beans, fries, ironically pretty much everything except steak, lol

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            HP Guud Stuff!

• surfdog
            surfdog commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, I’ve used it to kick up some shepherds pie as well.
            And what’s a fry up without a bottle on the table? Tragedy, that would be a tragedy. LOL

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            I have 6 bottles in my cupboard it was on a buy 3 off at a reduced price. Really good stuff on just about anything. I even add a tbs to one of my bbq sauces.

Thanks for sharing, simple and good is good!

Does anyone have a recipe for what the steakhouse chain Lucky's calls "zip sauce"? I've tried Google but there's way too many zip sauces and I don't knwo which is the one Lucky's uses. It's a thin brown watery, buttery soy sauce kinda sauce, but I've tried to make my own and failed miserably.

Comment

I usually only use steak sauce on leftover steak. The leftover steak reheated in the microwave has a funky taste to me so I mask it with the steak sauce. I think A1 is really tasty.

Comment

• JCGrill
              JCGrill commented
              Editing a comment
              Leftover steak... What is this you speak of?

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              That's the biggest reason why I eat leftover steak cold. Reheating makes it taste weird.

Kathryn

Steak sauce goes years in our fridge since we never use it. So maybe a homemade one would be a good idea. Don't have one to share though, maybe I'll try a few of these. On what, I don't know.

Comment

I do not have one and honestly do not use one because I dont want anything to take away from the taste of the meat. But this does not mean I am not open to trying a good homemade sauce. Following this thread with interest. Thanks for posting.

Comment

I never use steak sauce on any choice or prime beef coming off my own grill. My wife in the other hand, has to have a big puddle of sauce to dip her steak in. I just keep some A1 bold and spicy in the pantry for her. I want to taste the beef, the rub, and the crust if I got a good char on it.

I can only see using steak sauce if the meat is sub-par. That recipe from texastweeter looks interesting though - I have everything on hand except for the anchovie paste.

Comment

I understand Lugers doesn’t recommend using their sauce on steak but on their potatoes and other sides. Never been there but I’d like to try one of the clones for this.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here