Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

working-with-"amish-roll-butter"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with "Amish roll butter"

I know, it’s not really Amish. But it tastes good and it is a nice change of pace. What we get here is from Minerva Dairy in Ohio. I go between Amish roll, store brand, and Kerrygold. All are fine. In my grocery, the Amish is priced pretty much right in between store brand and Kerrygold.

But the Amish roll butter is a real PITA to work with! It tends to stay hard even at room temp, and the big roll doesn’t fit in a traditional butter dish. I cut 1” slices and put them on a plate as I need, and I measure it for cooking by using the water displacement method.

Anyone else use it, and figured out a better way to present it for daily consumption?
    Last edited by Mosca; October 21, 2019, 09:46 PM.

Hey Mosca love Minerva butter when we lived in Cleveland. Here is there web site https://minervadairy.com/our-products/ At 85% butter fat it is nice and rich.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here