Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meathead’s sweet pickles: WOW.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meathead’s sweet pickles: WOW.

I made these about two weeks ago, and i think today they are ready because WOW.

I followed the recipe, using McCormick’s pickling spices. Although Meathead says to not add things like a small onion and red pepper flakes, I did anyhow. What can I say, I’m a renegade.

Like the other refrigerator pickle recipe, the one for dills, if you taste them in the first few days they are kind of salty. Now two weeks later, they are perfect.

Also, danger. I ate one, and then I ate another half dozen. Either restrain yourself, or make two (or several) jars.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C56F6E15-C403-4F8E-9FD1-B49CD375B0E0.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	758685

I just made a batch of my green tomato pickles and WOW.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I did 3 jars of dill pickles this morning. I did two with Kirby pickles, and one with those weird little European seedless pickles. Those are great, too!

For those who don't want to search for these recipes:

Sweet and Sour Pickles - https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...e-chips-recipe
    Cucumber or Green Tomato Pickles - https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...s-and-tomatoes

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      excellent!

""Also, danger. I ate one, and then I ate another half dozen. Either restrain yourself, or make two (or several) jars.”

This describes me when I make Meathead’s candied jalapeños aka cowboy candy.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Those too!

I made a batch of the pickles and they were terrific. My only add was two cloves of garlic sliced thin added to the jar.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here