Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Ketchup & Mustard Brands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brooks for ketchup, and Plochman’s for mustard.

STRICTLY! 😃👍

Comment

Heinz for ketchup and French's for mustard. Don't think I have ever bought anything besides those for regular use.

There are a couple other mustards I use on occasion for some really good sausages. There is one from Cleveland my in laws got for me that was really good. And i tend to hate dijon type mustard.

Comment

I always stick to Heinze Ketchup but like to try different fancy mustards. On any given day I have at least 6 different mustards in the fridge. Yellow mustard can be any old brand.

Comment

Plochman's for yellow mustard. Hunts for ketchup since the wife won't allow any Heinz products in the house and she does the lion's share of the grocery shopping. Don't ask...

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha. I've not liked Heinz for the same political reasons I imagine... it still makes it into the house, but if I am shopping I'll pick up Hunt's instead.

Heinz for me. They invented ketchup in its current form and I've always liked the taste. For mustard, I am really fond of Dijon and usually buy Grey Poupon. There are some specialty mustards that are nice that I do get on occasion. I only like yellow mustard in Cuban sandwiches.

Comment

I personally don’t give a rip about Tomato Ketchup. If’n I’m sent to the store to by it I buy the least volatilly charged sugar content (meaning no highly fructosed corny syrup). Now I am hankerin to make mushroom ketchup, sounds mighty interesting. Now fer mustard, which I do consume & give a rip about, I tend to use a brand that is made by some locals here in the of Cheeseconsin. It’s called Stoops & they make a few different flavors. Try to stay away from the big conglomerates wares.

PS. You won’t find me votin in a rigged poll! 🕶
            Last edited by FireMan; August 16, 2019, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Rigged? Why, I never!

• IowaGirl
              IowaGirl commented
              Editing a comment
              FireMan -- Whydoncha tell us howya think about dis? I'm appalled at such wishy-washy-ness!

Heinz for Ketchup, don't use it for much though so haven't tried many, but some I do know I don't like, some have an off flavor.
            Plochman's for regular yellow mustard, not as harsh as French's or the others. But then, Dijon for some things and brown for others. I am worse with bbq sauces, I have 13 in the fridge right now.

Comment

I probably have 4 different mustards in the fridge right now but I have no idea which brand the yellow one is, because I don't care which yellow mustard I buy. But no ketchup except Heinz will cross the threshold. Oh, and the missus favorite curry ketchup.

Comment

This guy hasn't been mentioned in a while. So, in keeping with this thread, I'll post a link to his discussion of mustard.

For those who are not familiar with his web site, you might want to browse around it.

Last edited by gcdmd; August 21, 2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Donw
                  Donw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for that link!

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks +1

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very cool, Thanks Brother!

My brother swears by Sir Kensington's ketchup, and said they even sell it at Walmart. I haven't tried it yet, but after my current Heinz bottle runs out I'm going to give it a shot.

No mystery gloop here, friends. Just 100% real vine-ripened tomatoes with simple ingredients. Learn about the ketchup everyone loves.

Comment

Bertmans Stadium Mustard.

Heinz ketchup Being from cleveland that was hard to write. Lol

Comment

I’m not gonna lie. I scrolled first to see if FireMan chimes in. Lmao!

And hey... who are those 5% anyway. What???? Attjack As always, Money!

Comment

The only reason I'm posting is because I'm late and I'm different.

Del Monte ketchup. Heinz is too sweet and politically incorrect for me. Hunts is not much different.

Annie's Organic mustard. Tried it because America's Test Kitchen rated it the best and IMHO it is. Milder; compliments rather than dominate.

As a curiousity is there a tomato condiment that uses the word "catsup" instead of "ketchup"? I am aware of only one brand made in Montana using the word catsup.

Comment

• bbqLuv
                        bbqLuv commented
                        Editing a comment
                        "Annie's Organic mustard . . . compliments rather than dominate"
                        I will have to give that a try. Tx.

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Better late & different than on time ordinary. 🕶

Makes very little difference, but, Del Monte was it growing up.
                      Frenches yellow mustard sparingly, only a hint, just a touch, a tad, a drop, micro amount, minute, tiny, small.

Comment

Del Monte Ketchup for me. I try different "fancy" mustards and enjoy most of them so have no brand loyalty there.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here