Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite jarred pickle chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually go with Kosher dills, Strubbs or Vlasic.

Comment

Darn you guys! Now I'm going to have to go out and try a whole bunch of pickles I've never eaten, or heard of in some cases.

I'm still working my way through the beer list from a week or so ago.
      Last edited by gcdmd; June 13, 2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment

My number one choice is Claussen. I've got to have that pickle chip to cut through the fat of a pulled pork sandwich. I buy the Claussen sandwich slices for burgers.

Comment

I'm a Claussen Dill girl, myself.

Kathryn

Comment

Wickles Pickles makes a "Dirty Dill" pickle that is perfect for pulled pork sammiches, they have an extra bite to them. Not too spicy and not too sour.

NOTE: they are not sweet like the original Wickles Pickles.

Comment

Dill is the only option for me, but I don’t have a go-to brand. I’ve been trying many different ones, but haven’t found "my" pickle yet.

I always buy whole pickles, then slice according to my needs...chips for burgers, thin strands for dogs, Spears as a side to a sandwich.

Comment

"Milwaukee's Wisconsin's Hometown Favorite" pickles are awfully good. I imagine this is a regional brand.

Hubby is especially fond of their bread-and-butter pickle chips. These are very good on a ham sandwich -- sour, a little sweet, a little salty, and super crisp.

They also make kosher and regular dill pickles for those who don't care for sweet and sour pickles. What I like about their dills is that they use small, whole cucumbers to make them. I don't think I've seen Milwaukee brand dills cut into spears.

Click image for larger version

Name:	26bebc55-953d-4e31-bb03-0e65a0bd1cad_1.042e1ea08105c765d133707f91c37dd6.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	705972

Comment

• pjlstrat
                  pjlstrat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Used to live in Madison and I love their Dill!!

Dill only here. I am a big fan of Grillo's.

​​​​​​https://www.grillospickles.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lostclusters View Post
                  Disclaimer:
                  Once you try these pickles you will not want any other brand.

Name:	20190612_210437.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	694320 They are not chips. They are simply the best pickle you will ever taste. I introduced my sister to them and now she drives from West Bend to Madison Wisconsin and buys them by the case.

They are not dill nor are they sweet. Best as I can describe them they are like a combination of both, sort of.
                  Those are exactly the pickles we go out of our way to buy. Usually get them by the gallon from a German Deli in the local area. Granted not chips but if you can get them where you are I highly recommend giving them a shot.

Comment

The Gedney Minnesota Pickle! Doesn't get any better than this folks! Made in Chaska, MN!

"Ooooha, won't you Gedney, a Minnesota Pickle."

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	706032

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here