Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite jarred pickle chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite jarred pickle chip?

What's your favorite jarred pickle chip to go with barbecue? And do you prefer sweet bread and butter or a dill pickle with more of a bite?

Bonus points if your brand is available nationally vs a regional product. (Ie; Best Maid is not available outside of TX and the South East, unless you order online which means expensive shipping.)

I think Bubbies makes a great bread and butter (very crisp), but the b&b style is just a little too sweet for me.

Mt. Olive.

Comment

I prefer dill, I gag at bread & butter/sweet pickles, can't do 'em. My favorites are the common Vlasic or Claussen. Funny though, we usually buy the cheap no-name ones but they're never as good, usually really salty.

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        ^ I agree with every word of this.

• mountainsmoker
        mountainsmoker commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree we are at our vacation cabin and my wife bought a jar of Walmart brand and all I can taste is the salt, no pickle taste at all. Give me back my Mt. Olive's.

• badf00d
        badf00d commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee, this is exactly what I would have written.

Within the last year our Harris Teeter started carrying these Sweet Horseradish pickles in the deli section. I absolutely love them.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	0D3EDBC7-C218-4865-A492-DC789E0A9B34.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	693921

Comment

Famous Dave's Signature Spicy. They are sweet with a little heat.

Comment

• Hulagn1971
          Hulagn1971 commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent pickles.

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          @Muddy I will have to try that egg recipe! Thanks.

• Bob's BBQ
          Bob's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah - love those on a pulled pork sandwich!

I've been into Claussen here lately. Dill chips.

Comment

I only do dill. No favorite brand in particular.

Comment

My wife found these and they're really good.
            Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone tried Wickles Pickles?

Comment

• Hulagn1971
                Hulagn1971 commented
                Editing a comment
                Wickles are good.

It has to be dill and it has to be Mt Olive.

Comment

• Donw
                Donw commented
                Editing a comment
                Has to be! My dad’s social security application from 1936 lists Mt. Olive Pickle as his employer so who am I to argue with tradition, and darn fine pickles too.

For dill, I like homemade, or klaussen. The only two sweet pickles I'll eat are my grandmothers or Wickles

Comment

Claussen.

Comment

Disclaimer:
                  Once you try these pickles you will not want any other brand.

Name:	20190612_210437.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	694320 They are not chips. They are simply the best pickle you will ever taste. I introduced my sister to them and now she drives from West Bend to Madison Wisconsin and buys them by the case.

They are not dill nor are they sweet. Best as I can describe them they are like a combination of both, sort of.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
                    mountainsmoker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The problem with Kruegermann is it is such a regional brand. Next to a Mt Olive on a sandwich I love a good gurken right out of the jar the problem is finding one.

• lostclusters
                    lostclusters commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am not sure your regional argument has merit. I can get them where I live in California and sister can get them in Wisconsin. Although she does have to drive a ways.

Originally posted by Dia View Post
                  I think Bubbies makes a great bread and butter (very crisp), but the b&b style is just a little too sweet for me.
                  If I have to eat a bread and butter, I agree, Bubbie's is tolerable! I, like you, am not a fan of sweet pickles. I did recently try the Bubbie's on a brisket sandwich I made, and it was surprisingly good.

For dill, it is always Claussen. Love them!

Comment

I love Seattle Pickle Company habanero dill. It’s about the only pickle I buy.

Name:	9410BF02-95C5-452F-A56F-C2AAEDFF923E.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	694355

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here