Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bourbon barrel aged Maple syrup?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bourbon barrel aged Maple syrup?!

Click image for larger version  Name:	syrup.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	830.5 KB ID:	652489

Discovered this at my local Costco. Not sure it will work on the kid's pancakes, but for BBQ and sauces... I'm intrigued. Does anyone have any experience with this product?

Yep! I have bough it before. It is good stuff. Excellent with some breakfast sausage!

Comment

• fttank
      fttank commented
      Editing a comment
      Good idea! There's a breakfast joint in and around Phoenix called "First Watch" that serves what they call "Million Dollar Bacon": brown sugar, pepper and syrup. Add that to your breakfast menu!
      Thinking about how I might incorporate this into Pork Belly Burnt Ends.

That would pair really nicely with both th bacon, an loin chops I made up fer my New Years Black Eyed Peas!
    Thanks fer th Great Idea, Brother!

Comment

I have not had the Costco version but do have a bottle from a distillery. I agree it is not for the kids pancakes but it is damn good on top of home made waffles with walnuts and raisins. I am sure it is much cheaper at Costco but we have been spoiled by a bottle from Tuthilltown Distillery, makers of Hudson Baby Bourbon, we ration it like liquid gold.

Comment

We're on our second jug of that. I don't eat much syrup but I remember it tasted really good. Never done any side by sides to see if the barrel aging is noticeable or not, but it is good.

Comment

I got it. Kids pancakes will be fine. But with some sherry vinegar and some Tabasco for a nice glaze.

Comment

I've not used the Crown version but have used others and it is tasty. Not really sure it was worth the premium over regular maple syrup tho. They'll be fine on the kids pancakes also as the amount of alchohol in any of these is very small. The cough syrup we used when I was a kid probably had more alchohol.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here