Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon Jam!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon Jam!!!

Bacon jam has been on my list for awhile so I finally found a opportunity and a excuse to make it. Going out fishing this coming weekend with my son in law. Sleeping on the ice Friday and Saturday night so all the meals will be made in the fish house. I'm doing smash burgers Friday for late lunch early dinner.

So I happened to think of this bacon jam and decided to make it today so it was ready ahead of time. I used Chef Tom's recipe from the Sauce. It don't look like much but boy howdy is this stuffed packed with flavors!!
    I can't wait to try it on some burgers. I wish now I would have made more because we are having chorizo tostada's for breakfast on Saturday and this bacon jam would work well on that too. Heck I'd put it on toast!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1010.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	635965

Bacon Jam is good on everything.

Ive stuffed chicken breasts with it, Ive put it in an omelette, Ive mixed it in with steamed white rice and Ive also just spread it cold from the fridge on a Ritz cracker.

Comment

Sounds like a tasty weekend!

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
        Frozen Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Notice the lack of fish on the menu? Fishing is very slow everywhere right now so we didn't want to count on a fish meal and we like to eat every day!

• Yogi77
        Yogi77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems to be the right decision!

I've had it before. I thought I would absolutely love it but to be honest I did not. A little goes a long way, it's kind of over the top for me. At any rate, good luck on the ice. What you tryin' to catch? Smoked fish would really hit a high note this time of year !!

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
        Frozen Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Walleye's mainly which is something that is fried or broiled but doesn't hold up well to smoking. Delicate and flaky and a real treat. Might snag some perch on this particular lake and a occasional crappie but mainly known as a walleye lake.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I was afraid you were going to say walleyes. I remember springtime in Illinois when the crappies were in full spawn, you could catch a fish on every cast !! And pound for pound that's one fighting fish !!! Fun on light tackle !!

Nice! I love this stuff! A little does go along way, I love it on everything, and on those tostadas, it will be incredible. (Not to mention the burgers)

Tight lines!

Comment

When I first saw this title with 3 exclamation pts. I thought wow, a neat movie not real jam. Only mildly disappointed.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here