Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sport peppers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport peppers?

I’d like to try some sport peppers on my hotdog but they are hard to find around here.

What type of peppers are used and what are they pickled with? What makes them unique from other pickled peppers?

Has anyone jarred their own sport peppers? If anyone cares to share a recipe, I’d be much appreciated.

Never heard of them, but then I've never been to Chicago. Googling showed they are a pickled hot pepper. These links may be of help:

Question and answers (remember, it's the internet) about sport peppers.

The site to go to for information on preserving food.

Seeds.

Comment

You can get them at Amazon.

Comment

Just bought some at Cost Plus / World Market. " Marconi " brand sport peppers.

Comment

I’m from Chicago. I order them directly from Vienna. My sister ordered some from a secondary seller at Amazon and 2 of the bottles were broken. Vienna sends them in very secure cardboard packages. I also get my hot giardinera from them.

https://www.viennabeef.com/shop/sport-pepper-and-relish-combo

if you click on the order tab you can choose what you want in the package. Or, look at this website, click on ‘shop’, or call them.

Home of the original Chicago style hot dog. Shop online or come into the store for the best hot dogs in Chicago.

Comment

From what have read the are a kind of pepper like a jalapeno or habanero.. they would be really easy to make your own.. most pickling brines have the same ingredients then u add garlic and whatever else you want.. or if you know someone with a chamber vacuum sealer you could put peppers in a jar with brine and vacuum sealer them. They would have to be refrigerated but would be a quick way to try a batch..

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here