Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Duke's Mayonnaise Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Duke's Mayonnaise Experience

Some time ago one of our members created a poll on mayo/sandwich spread. It was a lot of fun and there was great participation. One of the options in the poll was Duke's Mayonnaise, to which there was not just overwhelming support, but almost extreme gushing over how good Duke's is. I think Troutman likened it to unicorn snot, or something like that.

Duke's is not in stores out here on the Left Coast, at least not in my neighborhood, and I wanted to see what all of the fuss is about so I got on their site and ordered a 2-pack. It was reasonably priced with shipping included and arrived in about 10 days. It was indeed very good, better than the old standby Best Foods/Hellman's, so I went ahead and ordered a 4-pack before the country plunged into winter with freezing temps that might be a problem during shipping. Again, it arrived in about 10 days.

About 3 weeks later, we received another package of 4 from C F Sauer (the corporate name) and thought it was mistakenly reshipped or refilled. We opened the box and there was a card on top that stated the last shipment did not meet their quality standard and to please accept this new shipment as a replacement. Now that is a company that knows quality control and cares a great deal about the products they sell. Interestingly for us is we liked the "substandard" product just fine, but the new stuff was better and creamier. Needless to say, we are now Duke's fans and customers for life.
    Last edited by CaptainMike; October 22, 2018, 05:47 PM.

The only thing wrong with Hellman's is that it's not as good as Duke's.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Well put.

Wow. Cream of the crop customer service!

Comment

https://www.target.com/p/duke-s-real...z/-/A-14776644 $3.29 a jar and free shipping on $35+

When I moved to the Northwest from Florida a couple months back I brought 10 jars of Duke's with me. It was really the only food I could readily get in the South but not in the Northwest that I wanted. Well, I wanted a bunch of Martin's Potato Rolls but those don't really keep as well as mayo.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember you mentioning that.

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Kinda strange if it is so good why it wouldn't appear on the shelves here in the northwest. I'll have to keep an eye out for it... maybe at specialty stores.

Thanks for that story, it's always good to hear when someone gets treated right and not just the complaints.

Comment

Yea Unicorn snot (er Duke's) is some pretty good stuff.

Comment

+1 on the Dukes. Try it--you won't be disappointed.

Comment

No Duke’s here either. Will have to check on shipping policies.

Comment

It took me a minute to figure out of unicorn snot was a good or bad analogy.

Comment

Mmmm. Duuuuukes.

Comment

I've been ordering from them online for a few years now since Duke's isn't available near me. Dang, I wish I'd gotten some free Dukes. Some folks have all the luck....

Comment

• CaptainMike
                    CaptainMike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, I am feeling a little Mr. Bones 'y.

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    CaptainMike - you mean the Dukes's delivery C-130 flies over your location?

• GBA
                    GBA commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Check Walmart, available in Wisconsin

Some Dukes for ya... Click image for larger version

Name:	20181023_151320.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	582879

Comment

• CaptainMike
                    CaptainMike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hahaha, awesome!!

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OMG enough to fill a swimming pool !!! Ahhh to bathe in Dukes !!!!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here