Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you smoke and keep around that is not meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you smoke and keep around that is not meat?

I talking about salts, condiments, ... What do you smoke and keep around that is not meat?

Ice.

Comment

Whiskey.

Comment

Cabbage and cheese

Comment

• Gator Lau
          Gator Lau commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d like to know about how you Smoke cabbage, if you would, please

• Sweaty Paul
          Sweaty Paul commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m with Gator Lau.

Darn. I thought this was going to be a riddle.

Comment

That’s a loaded question?

Everybody say cheese!

Comment

Gator Lau I take cabbage put it in a cake pan then put a cube of butter slices on top of cabbage put half a pound medium rare bacon on top of cabbage give it a good dose of garlic salt and coarse pepper and cover with Parmesan cheese. then put on what ever grill im using at the time cook tell cheese has melted good. It I’m pinched for time put under the oven broiler and cook at low for twenty minutes or so it is Delicious and Nutritious

Comment

I will have to try Fire Art's recipe. Here is a different version, grilled not smoked.

Make boring cabbage extraordinary by hitting the grill, resulting in a crisp, sweet and smoky BBQ side dish. There's something transformative about grilling vegetables and this recipe for honey roasted cabbage is no different, elevating its flavors far above its traditional boring (and odiferous) boiled cousin.
              Last edited by jlazar; October 3, 2018, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Cigarettes. Trying to quit though.

Comment

• TechSmoker
                  TechSmoker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with CaptainMike I have been smoke-free since Jan 1 of this year. The thing that really helped me was that my wife and I did it at the same time. There were a lot of cravings and temptations at first but we stuck it out and did it. Just think of how many briskets you can buy with the money that you'll be saving!

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right on TechSmoker !!! The cravings are crazy for about 10 days, but an RN buddy who specialized in smoking cessation gave me a trick: just count to 60 and they'll be gone. Worked every time.

• texastweeter
                  texastweeter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I second CaptainMike BUT you can have my cigars when you pry them from my cold dead hands.

Everybody's a comedian

Comment

Careful what you say folks - you could wind up getting a visit from the police in some states...

Comment

• ClayJones
                    ClayJones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not in DC! Just sayin

Cheese, Eggs, Ritz Crackers

Comment

I like to fix my own hot sauce and while it’s not Click image for larger version  Name:	409F51DB-B8B0-42B8-8398-1D10BDF37896.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	574331 exactly a spice per-se, we use a little bit to spice things up like when applying a rub or when making pasta sauce. I’ll add it to just about anything savory, but only my helping. It’s too much for most. My wife and daughter will add a bit here and there too. They always say it’s too hot, but when I’m not looking, they add a few drops here and there.

To fix it, I smoke my own habaneros and garlic.... sometimes I add an onion too. I smoke them in Cherrywood.

I find it really nice to smoke them. Another option is to char them a bit on a skillet. I saw folks in the Yucatán peninsula fixing hot sauce with the char method and it caught my attention. I’d never seen that before. They call it "Chiles Ceniza", which means ashed chili's. They don’t really char through, just the skin.

In any case, here is photo of the ingredientes getting the smoke treatment and one of the finished product.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D5FAACD8-69EC-4490-B4D4-210574F56B16.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.29 MB ID:	574332
                    Last edited by Ricardo; October 3, 2018, 06:03 PM. Reason: Fixing typo

Comment

Most of my clothes.

Comment

• CaptainMike
                        CaptainMike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hahaha lostclusters, don't you? Each time I grill/smoke/cook every epidermal layer I have smells of smoke and I don't toss 'em. Even if I have smoked a cigar!

• Attjack
                        Attjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Same here.

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        All mine are very well smoked, as well...
                        I can find my cowboy hat in th dark, anytime

lostclusters You kinda had to know you would get responses like these. Hell these were my first thoughts as well. That being said I will have to add.
                      As Jonny Cash once said. "My Mind the night before". I believe that was on a Sunday morning. 😎😁😂.
                      Sorry brother I couldn’t resist.
                      Serouisly though, not much. I have done some cheese and want to do some more to perfect my Process for what I want.

Comment

• texastweeter
                        texastweeter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Great song

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here