Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you smoke and keep around that is not meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lostclusters
    replied
    I was preparing to make some Butcher Block Seasoning and I was wondering what other gems might be out there that I should consider, to up my game so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• lostclusters
    commented on 's reply
    You Smoke/BBQ your clothes? Wow

• tbob4
    replied
    Peppers. Smoke and then dehydrate. I like CaptainMike 's answer much better, though. I couldn't even type my answer at first because I was laughing too hard.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    lostclusters You kinda had to know you would get responses like these. Hell these were my first thoughts as well. That being said I will have to add.
    As Jonny Cash once said. "My Mind the night before". I believe that was on a Sunday morning. šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜šŸ˜‚.
    Sorry brother I couldnā€™t resist.
    Serouisly though, not much. I have done some cheese and want to do some more to perfect my Process for what I want.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Most of my clothes.

Leave a comment:

• Ricardo
    replied
    I like to fix my own hot sauce and while itā€™s not Click image for larger version  Name:	409F51DB-B8B0-42B8-8398-1D10BDF37896.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	574331 exactly a spice per-se, we use a little bit to spice things up like when applying a rub or when making pasta sauce. Iā€™ll add it to just about anything savory, but only my helping. Itā€™s too much for most. My wife and daughter will add a bit here and there too. They always say itā€™s too hot, but when Iā€™m not looking, they add a few drops here and there.

To fix it, I smoke my own habaneros and garlic.... sometimes I add an onion too. I smoke them in Cherrywood.

I find it really nice to smoke them. Another option is to char them a bit on a skillet. I saw folks in the YucatƃĀ”n peninsula fixing hot sauce with the char method and it caught my attention. Iā€™d never seen that before. They call it "Chiles Ceniza", which means ashed chili's. They donā€™t really char through, just the skin.

In any case, here is photo of the ingredientes getting the smoke treatment and one of the finished product.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D5FAACD8-69EC-4490-B4D4-210574F56B16.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.29 MB ID:	574332
    Last edited by Ricardo; October 3, 2018, 06:03 PM. Reason: Fixing typo

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    Cheese, Eggs, Ritz Crackers

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Careful what you say folks - you could wind up getting a visit from the police in some states...

Leave a comment:

• lostclusters
    replied
    Everybody's a comedian

Leave a comment:

• ribeyeguy
    replied
    Cigarettes. Trying to quit though.

Leave a comment:

• jlazar
    replied
    I will have to try Fire Art's recipe. Here is a different version, grilled not smoked.

Make boring cabbage extraordinary by hitting the grill, resulting in a crisp, sweet and smoky BBQ side dish. There's something transformative about grilling vegetables and this recipe for honey roasted cabbage is no different, elevating its flavors far above its traditional boring (and odiferous) boiled cousin.
    Last edited by jlazar; October 3, 2018, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fire Art
    replied
    Gator Lau I take cabbage put it in a cake pan then put a cube of butter slices on top of cabbage put half a pound medium rare bacon on top of cabbage give it a good dose of garlic salt and coarse pepper and cover with Parmesan cheese. then put on what ever grill im using at the time cook tell cheese has melted good. It Iā€™m pinched for time put under the oven broiler and cook at low for twenty minutes or so it is Delicious and Nutritious

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Thatā€™s a loaded question?

Everybody say cheese!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecase
    replied
    Darn. I thought this was going to be a riddle.

Leave a comment:

• Gator Lau
    commented on 's reply
    Iā€™d like to know about how you Smoke cabbage, if you would, please

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here