Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you smoke and keep around that is not meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Same here.

• johnec00
    replied
    Yep, smoked peppers to make pepper garnish powder for Christmas stocking stuffers:

Split and de-seeded:

Click image for larger version

Name:	raw.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	574660

Smoking (6 hours at 125-130º):

Name:	smoking.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	574661

Dehydrated:

Name:	smoked.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	574662

Ready for stocking stuffing:

Name:	bottled.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	574663

Leave a comment:

• CandySueQ
    replied
    Brown sugar -- really! I've been known to smoke up sliced onions for the freezer. Adds a nice punch of smoke replacing sautéed onions in a recipe.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Right on TechSmoker !!! The cravings are crazy for about 10 days, but an RN buddy who specialized in smoking cessation gave me a trick: just count to 60 and they'll be gone. Worked every time.

• TechSmoker
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with CaptainMike I have been smoke-free since Jan 1 of this year. The thing that really helped me was that my wife and I did it at the same time. There were a lot of cravings and temptations at first but we stuck it out and did it. Just think of how many briskets you can buy with the money that you'll be saving!

• Rod
    replied
    Green chiles. Vacuum seal and freeze.

Leave a comment:

• ClayJones
    commented on 's reply
    Not in DC! Just sayin

• JeffJ
    replied
    Canned whole tomatoes. I puree them up and use them as a base for KC BBQ sauce, pureed and frozen for chili...

Leave a comment:

• Sweaty Paul
    commented on 's reply
    I’m with Gator Lau.

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    That caused the DMV wait

• treesmacker
    replied
    My clothes, and everything nearby in the backyard.

Leave a comment:

• Thom Emery
    replied
    Used to be a bong
    but I’m clean and sober now

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Hahaha lostclusters, don't you? Each time I grill/smoke/cook every epidermal layer I have smells of smoke and I don't toss 'em. Even if I have smoked a cigar!

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Quit trying, just quit. It's really not that hard. Did it.

• mrteddyprincess
    replied
    I smoke jalapenos, cayenne, and Carolina Reapers. I grow them in my garden and smoke them all until they are dried. Makes the best Chile powder ever!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here