Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple butter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple butter

Has anyone here made apple butter?

Care to share your recipe?

I've looked around this site, but haven't found anything.

TIA

I made some a couple years ago but don't have any special recipe. If I remember correctly i just went to in web and found something on Allrecipes or ?? Not much different from applesauce except finer and cooked down more?? It was good though. My Mom used to make it but it's too late to ask Her.

Comment

Yup we do this. Gotta check with my mother in law though... will update if she gives up her secrets.... I know she sneaks some red hots in there though!

We are making pumpkin butter this year.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7A3AA24B-9723-43E6-BC72-BCC4FFFF89B2.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	573597

Comment

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        UPDATE: She uses White Sugar, Cinnamon, and Red Hots... not sure on the ratio... kind of to taste type of thing... as you can see we do it in a large copper kettle over a fire... i think we did about 100 jars the last time we made it.

• Skip
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that looks fun!

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        Skip it definitely is fun. We peel, core, and slice all the apples the night before and start early early in the morning cooking them down and adding more... we get done mid day usually or early afternoon. The day we did that I fired up the PBC and cooked ribs, chicken, and sausage. All around good day!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here