Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chips on sandwich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chips on sandwich?

I'm all about chips on sandwiches. If it's an option I always say add them for crunch, but some people are anti chip on Sanger. What say you Pit members?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	274243
    Attached Files
    Always if available
    16.67%
    Depends on the sandwich and chip flavour
    70.83%
    Never
    12.50%
    Last edited by bbqoaf; February 11, 2017, 08:26 PM.

As far as sandwiches go, Nothing is better than some Kettle Cooked, Salt & Vinegar chips. Piled high, then crushed down. Every bite is amazing.

Great Poll!! Thanks for posting.

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      I can totally see that!

I didn't vote cause I've never thought about it or been offered it. Didn't want to push Never cause I've never had it. be interested in seeing how many people do this!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh you gotta try this. Salt and Vinegar chips on a brisket sandwich are out of this world good. Especially with a good slaw!

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker I do like the crunch. sounds like something I must try!!

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Like that hat!

Classic Lays chips or kettle cooked on a bologna sandwich!
    Last edited by Nate; February 11, 2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      GadjetGriller , I don't have them often but on occasion I will get a few thick cut slices from the deli so I can make one or two.

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooh the Deli even better idea!! Thanks Nate So if I picked up some crusty Bread would that interfere with the crunch of the chips?? this is gonna be fun!!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      GadjetGriller go ahead on, an' smoke th' bologna, too...
      Jus sayin'... ;-)

ANY chip with a crunch bring it on. Proof again this really is the best collection of cooks on the planet!!!
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; February 12, 2017, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I can bust out some doctored Ramen recipes. Nate

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Nate Spinaker yes, we need that too, ramen is amazing as well.

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes please do Spinaker that is my favorite late night snack!! Especially on those cold February nights...Ok I can't pull that off its 72 degrees out right now but still like the Ramen!!

As a kid I used to eat a deviled ham and potato chip sandwich, but I don't remember the last time I had one...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet!!! Mebbe, now, time fer a smoked deviled ham n' potato chip sammich recipe???

I do love chips on bbq for sure. But I usually like to at least eat 1 sandwich without them, just so I can taste just the meat!

Comment

I always thought that not putting a chip on a sandwich was un-American, or something like that. LOL

I like to put 'em on a burger. They'll stay crisp for about two bites, after which I remove them and replace with fresh ones... rinse & repeat as necessary. (Of course, I eat the soggy chips because they're full of delicious burger juice.)

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds delicious, n' American t' me!!! Yummy!!!

My oldest son does that. We have fries more than chips, and he'll put his fries on his burger too. I'll admit it's tasty but I don't really do it. No good reason. I should. I do dip my fries in my chocolate shake though. That's kind of the dessert version of this, right?

Comment

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        I always loved my fries dipped in a frosty from Wendy's.... Hot and Salty meets Cold and Sweet!

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly! Thanks for having my back Nate

• GadjetGriller
        GadjetGriller commented
        Editing a comment
        Nate I was gonna say the same thing!! Can't go to Wendy's without getting the Frosty and fries!!

Awww....I remember when I would come home from school and my mom would fried me some bologna and I would spread some mayo on a piece of light bread, slap that fried bologna on top of of the mayo, piled a handful of potato chips on top of the bologna, laid the other piece of white bread gently on top of the chips and smashed the hell out of it. Brings back a lot of memories.

Comment

The only prob with doing this is if you don't know they are on the sandwich. So be sure to tell em when you make a sandwich for somebody. It can be a jolting shock. Sorta like takin a big swig out of a glass and finding out that it's lemonade and not ice tea.

Comment

"Salt and Vinegar chips on a brisket sandwich are out of this world good. Especially with a good slaw!" Spinaker thanks! I've got to try this.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Do it up man! Try to find the best kettle chips you can.

Originally posted by fuzzydaddy View Post
          "Salt and Vinegar chips on a brisket sandwich are out of this world good. Especially with a good slaw!" Spinaker thanks! I've got to try this.
          Yep same here.

Comment

Chips on a sandwich? Never tried it, but sounds like I should.
            Last edited by TBoneJack; February 12, 2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
              I do dip my fries in my chocolate shake though. That's kind of the dessert version of this, right?
              Huskee , well based on our earlier posts I couldn't help myself and made a stop at Wendy's this week.

Hot & Salty meets Cold & Sweet

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	275795

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	275796

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                You're killing me. LOVE that. And that's one weird thing my wife and I share together.

• bbqoaf
                bbqoaf commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahaha, for some reason that is totally cool but if you were to dip fries in a blizzard or shake from McD's it would offend me to no end. Fast food double standard!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here